ESPN Announcer Mentioned that SU's Zone Was Inactive... | Syracusefan.com

ESPN Announcer Mentioned that SU's Zone Was Inactive...

OrangeinBoston

All Conference
last night compared to earlier this year. That would explain why Cincy had such an easy time getting the ball inside and then kicking it out to an open shooter. I watched some of the later game last night. Louisville was playing at a pace that looked to be twice as fast as SU. Don't know what is going on. Hope it's some sort of flu bug.

It was better after the first 10 minutes but the damage was done. It didnt help that they banked in a 3. Lesson learned that you need to play for 40 minutes.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

It was better after the first 10 minutes but the damage was done. It didnt help that they banked in a 3. Lesson learned that you need to play for 40 minutes.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

My issue is as good as this team is they have yet to play a full 40 minutes.

The wings Kris and C.J. were real slow last nite on defense. Especially Kris, most of the open 3's in the first half were on his side. The defense really wasn't active last nite the whole team minus Dion played a step slow last nite. I am hoping it was because some of the guys are sick, but honestly I don't know. It looked like Syracuse just expected Cincinnati to roll over, but they got out to the 7-0 lead and we never picked the energy up.

The early 3's took SU completely out of their gameplan. Usually SU can play an even half court game, but the difference is made in the transition game. The made shots didn't allow for any transition really, and made SU rush completely. Credits to Dion, he looked like '05 Gerry vs. BYU.

The wings Kris and C.J. were real slow last nite on defense. Especially Kris, most of the open 3's in the first half were on his side. The defense really wasn't active last nite the whole team minus Dion played a step slow last nite. I am hoping it was because some of the guys are sick, but honestly I don't know. It looked like Syracuse just expected Cincinnati to roll over, but they got out to the 7-0 lead and we never picked the energy up.

We would have been better off playing Gtown. I think there might have been a letdown once they knew it was Cincy. They were already thinking ahead to the final.

We would have been better off playing Gtown. I think there might have been a letdown once they knew it was Cincy. They were already thinking ahead to the final.

I think this is a big part of it. They thought beating UConn was the toughest task. Give credit to Cincy. They came out and took this game by playing hard and efficient. The lead they built and SU's weak team play down the stretch helped Cincy hold on and survive. I was cheering for UC on Thursday right up until the second OT when it dawned on me that GTown may be a better match up.

Huh? Cincy played a great game. They shot 45% from three. We made more threes than the did and we took two more FGA's. We had 15 TO's.

We were fine playing Cincy and as hot as they were, take care of the ball and we beat 'em. It's as simple as that.

44cuse

I missed the game. But in the past relying on the perimeter game on offense and shooting a lot of 3s has seemed to go hand-in-hand with SU being inactive on the other end in their zone.

I missed the game. But in the past relying on the perimeter game on offense and shooting a lot of 3s has seemed to go hand-in-hand with SU being inactive on the other end in their zone.

Seemed Scoop, Triche, Dion and KJ were all content to play hot potato on the outside and not drive the lane consistently. With Dion being the only able to hit a jumpshot it made for a long night.

That's all to Cincinnati's credit. They conceded open shots on the perimeter in exchange for cutting off the driving lanes. The kickouts were there all night long. We just can't shoot. If I'm the 16 seed, I play a zone inside the paint and make us beat them with jump shots.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom