ESPN article on succession plans at Duke, UNC & Syracuse | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

ESPN article on succession plans at Duke, UNC & Syracuse

Then he should be knocking Cooley as a candidate based on him not being a Cuse guy or a fit, or whatever.

saying “what has he won”, while touting Hop as the only candidate is some odd logic.

Baby steps...

This Cuse only staff stuff has turned SU into the royal family. Inbreeding eventually destroys.

Yup. Weaver and Murphy were enormously important in our good runs.

I like the family feel, but next time there’s an opening we need to bring in the best guy possible, regardless of where he went to school. Program has not exactly been hitting on all cylinders. Time to shake it up a bit.

This years team is fully stocked. The injury to Sidibe and the covid situation have made it appear that the program is still in the sanctions era malaise, but it's not. The spread against Vtech , one of the stronger teams in the ACC, is very telling. Their algorithms are pointing to Syracuse getting on track and will be one of the top rung teams in the league.
This post right here has to be a bot.

If we were fully stocked one injury could be overcome depth.
You make Bourama Sidibe appear to be Hakeem Olajuwon. When he is just a role player who if he stays out of foul trouble can help. He isn’t a star.

Point spreads don’t mean anything. What is truly shows is how weak the ACC is this season. That a supposed top team is a coin flip.

Duke was favored at Pitt. Point spreads don’t prove anything. We were big favorites against Bryant, Northeastern and didn’t come close to covering.

You can be optimistic but you have clue about algorithms.

I disagree. If JW hires a new basketball coach and the team has two sub .500 seasons in a row he will be the scapegoat.

Firing people is easy. The last two ADs should cause pause on anything reactionary going forward.

This post right here has to be a bot.

If we were fully stocked one injury could be overcome depth.
You make Bourama Sidibe appear to be Hakeem Olajuwon. When he is just a role player who if he stays out of foul trouble can help. He isn’t a star.

Point spreads don’t mean anything. What is truly shows is how weak the ACC is this season. That a supposed top team is a coin flip.

Duke was favored at Pitt. Point spreads don’t prove anything. We were big favorites against Bryant, Northeastern and didn’t come close to covering.

You can be optimistic but you have clue about algorithms.
Point spreads don't mean anything? Point spreads are made by the best mathematicians available who have the most powerful analytic tools at their disposal and are putting their careers on the "line" every time. Fortunes are at stake. If the covid problems didn't set the team back, all these difficulties would have been worked out before league play started.

Point spreads don't mean anything? Point spreads are made by the best mathematicians available who have the most powerful analytic tools at their disposal and are putting their careers on the "line" every time. Fortunes are at stake. If the covid problems didn't set the team back, all these difficulties would have been worked out before league play started.
We were 11 point favorites against Pitt we lost.
We were 21 point favorites against Bryant and won by 1.

P/S are meant to get action on both sides so the betting community gets profit.
They don’t want one side betted more heavily than the other.

You literally just throw words together.
Your last sentence is just opinion with no facts.
We played tomato cans and Rutgers in the nonconference. We probably played bottom 5 in the P5 nonconference schedule.
The nonconference games probably prevented more losses.
So again your point isn’t a point it’s an opinion without any support.

We are at best right now a bubble team on the wrong side of the bubble.

We were 11 point favorites against Pitt we lost.
We were 21 point favorites against Bryant and won by 1.

P/S are meant to get action on both sides so the betting community gets profit.
They don’t want one side betted more heavily than the other.

You literally just throw words together.
Your last sentence is just opinion with no facts.
We played tomato cans and Rutgers in the nonconference. We probably played bottom 5 in the P5 nonconference schedule.
The nonconference games probably prevented more losses.
So again your point isn’t a point it’s an opinion without any support.

We are at best right now a bubble team on the wrong side of the bubble.
Every coach uses the early part of the season, the noncon schedule, to feel out his team and get them organized for league play. If you don't understand that, you have very little understanding of of college basketball.

Every coach uses the early part of the season, the noncon schedule, to feel out his team and get them organized for league play. If you don't understand that, you have very little understanding of of college basketball.
Our coach plays every game likes it’s game 7 of the Finals.
He doesn’t feel out his team. He plays to win every game and doesn’t play a bench to develop it.

You tell me I have a little understanding of college basketball look in the mirror.
Jessie Edwards didn’t play in the nonconference to get ready for conference play.
He was thrown in the fire last week at Pitt for the first time in a month and then Marek got foul trouble against Miami and he went in.

This is nonsense from you. Literally made up nonsense. You don’t know what you are talking about.

That is total crap. JW is the SU AD for as long he wants to be.

Even if football still continues to struggle and he misses on the next basketball coach? Alum or not, those are two major decisions for an AD

Our coach plays every game likes it’s game 7 of the Finals.
He doesn’t feel out his team. He plays to win every game and doesn’t play a bench to develop it.

You tell me I have a little understanding of college basketball look in the mirror.
Jessie Edwards didn’t play in the nonconference to get ready for conference play.
He was thrown in the fire last week at Pitt for the first time in a month and then Marek got foul trouble against Miami and he went in.

This is nonsense from you. Literally made up nonsense. You don’t know what you are talking about.
Jesse Edwards had almost no practice time with the team due to the travel ban and qtien. Team chemistry takes time, especially when your playing a complicated zone defense.

Jesse Edwards had almost no practice time with the team due to the travel ban and qtien. Team chemistry takes time, especially when your playing a complicated zone defense.
So how is Kadary Richmond or any newcomer playing this season? They weren’t with the team at all last year. Practicing the entire season last year.

I want to hear from you how is playing our zone so complicated?
What is the difference between the Baylor zone and Syracuse zone?
Or the Tennessee zone and the Syracuse zone?

Firing people is easy. The last two ADs should cause pause on anything reactionary going forward.
I would hope so, but if our fanbase responds with this kind of negativity during a winning season, imagine what it will be like with a new coach during a losing season.

If Wildhack hires Hopkins and the first two seasons are subpar, I could see both being on the hot seat.

JB will have a lot of influence on who succeeds him so expect someone from the family tree. Could be Hop or a current staff member. Only if that person flops with at least 2 losing seasons will the BOT fire them and go outside. That is the usual scenario after a legend is replaced.

I would hope so, but if our fanbase responds with this kind of negativity during a winning season, imagine what it will be like with a new coach during a losing season.

If Wildhack hires Hopkins and the first two seasons are subpar, I could see both being on the hot seat.

If I were to bet the first hire is going to be extremely safe with a short leash (except if the basketball team craters and I don't see / hope that happens).

But yeah agree with you, if it's Mike of whomever and we're sitting and 12-14 types of records it will get ugly fast.

To me it's either Hop or Oats.

If the timing is right Oats could be the guy but Bama will prolly throw a lot of money to keep him.

And even then Hop will/should get the first call and would be a fine choice IMO.

This years team is fully stocked. The injury to Sidibe and the covid situation have made it appear that the program is still in the sanctions era malaise, but it's not. The spread against Vtech , one of the stronger teams in the ACC, is very telling. Their algorithms are pointing to Syracuse getting on track and will be one of the top rung teams in the league.
Has nothing to do with my post.

So how is Kadary Richmond or any newcomer playing this season? They weren’t with the team at all last year. Practicing the entire season last year.

I want to hear from you how is playing our zone so complicated?
What is the difference between the Baylor zone and Syracuse zone?
Or the Tennessee zone and the Syracuse zone?
Center and forwards have very different responsibilities in the zone. None of our centers has any offensive ability which offsets the defensive liabilities of poor slides, hedges and shifts.

Some folks act like JB tries to bury worthy players. When he has a lot of guys (Edelin,Pace, McNeil), he plays a lot of guys.

The other thing is this isn’t the NBA with the extra 40 minutes of PT available, the travel, back to backs, long road trips, etc. Thats why NBA teams have set 9-11 player rotations.

Last edited:
Yup. Weaver and Murphy were enormously important in our good runs.

I like the family feel, but next time there’s an opening we need to bring in the best guy possible, regardless of where he went to school. Program has not exactly been hitting on all cylinders. Time to shake it up a bit.
The only SU guys (total outsider view) that I would want added would be Harried & DC (recruiting, big man experience) or Devo (again, recruiting) but with the #metoo “never forgive anyone” crowd, I am not sure that would play very well.

The only SU guys (total outsider view) that I would want added would be Harried & DC (recruiting, big man experience) or Devo (again, recruiting) but with the #metoo “never forgive anyone” crowd, I am not sure that would play very well.

I think the fact that neither DC nor Devo have any substantial experience as coaches Trump any sort of political concerns.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom