ESPN article on succession plans at Duke, UNC & Syracuse | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

ESPN article on succession plans at Duke, UNC & Syracuse

Think Kansas or UNC for Oats...
Beard for Kansas when Self gets popped by the NCAA.

UNC is like us they want a Carolina guy or somebody tied to Roy.

Jerod Hasse at Stanford or Hubert Davis.

Duke will want Brad Stevens who will eventually run his course with the Celtics.

No to Cooley. He’s done ok at Providence, but what has he ever won? I don’t see any top 20 recruits going to Providence.

Kris Dunn was a top 10-20 McDonald’s AA that he got there. Granted that’s only one guy but he was a top talent that went there. David Duke was pretty highly rated too I believe. I still prefer Hop or Oates but Cooley is a great candidate.

Oats is already making more money at Alabama than he will ever get at SU. Money talks and there are several schools who will be willing to pay Oats more than SU. I don’t ever see it happening.

Oats is already making more money at Alabama than he will ever get at SU. Money talks and there are several schools who will be willing to pay Oats more than SU. I don’t ever see it happening.
Why in the world would you think this?

Oats makes less than $2.5 million at Alabama. JB gives SU a good deal because he loves the school and he already makes more (about $2.6 million).

Roy and K look old and done. Jim looks lucid and capable. The successor to JAB at Syracuse for a period of time is, JAB.

I’ll say this for the 5,000th time. Hop is getting the first call. Red will be included. Oats will be included and that is the short list. Younger beilein was going to be included on it and probably had a really good shot but that’s out the window. Depending on Paulus success he will also get a look. Don’t know why you guys continue to say all these other names of people that have a zero percent chance of being the next coach. Trust me

Not sure who you are stranger, but I like the cut of your jib.

Appreciate you going all in. I like it. Chips are pushed to the middle.

Is he happy living in Alabama? Is he happy always living in the shadow of Bama football?

You seem like a guy who would have enjoyed the old TGIF? Huh
Probably HOFCeluck as well.

What young boy growing up didn't want to be Tim Taylor when they grew up. Were men and we lost connection to our primitive beginnings.

I agree with this with my fellow AZ resident. Going to be VERY hard for Hop to turn it down.
So does Hop move his father back east then? It’s my understanding that a huge factor in Hop heading west was his father and perhaps health issues there if a recall correctly. IF true, I would think that could be a factor in Hop coming back east. If this is not a factor, then seemingly it would make more sense for him to return.

You must not be a local. JB will be around sitting courtside around the program.

Not sure. He seems suited to media.

He can't be around that much without being accused of undermining the new coach.

Not sure. He seems suited to media.

He can't be around that much without being accused of undermining the new coach.
Yeah, he is a coach's coach. I think he will stay distant but available, so as to not undermine the new coach.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom