ESPN Gameday Needs to Come to Syracuse for NC State Game | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

ESPN Gameday Needs to Come to Syracuse for NC State Game

We aren't losing to Wagner they are one of the worst FCS teams.

Enjoy watching other teams lose the next 3 Saturdays while Syracuse stays undefeated.
Yeah, sure, let’s pee in the football gods’ faces for a whole thread. GREAT IDEA GUYS.

Whatever happens, feels good it’s not on our shoulders to get GameDay. We beat Wagner, we’ve done all we can. It’s up to NC State now. Salivating at the thought of a possible top 5 NC State GameDay matchup,

CBS might get that game.

I don't think we'll get gameday, but probably 3:30 on ESPN/ABC is my guess. Maybe another night game
Gameday goes to CBS, Fox games all the time. Being on ABC/ESPN is not required for Gameday.

As far as Tenn potentially hosting twice, UGA had college gameday 2 out of 3 games in a row last year in Athens and one of the games was on CBS (in addition to 2 more neutral site games against Clemson in charlotte and the SEC championship on GameDay)

Granted, I think the fact that GameDay has brought up that they haven’t been to Syracuse a few times this season is a great sign. I’ll be tuned in to see if they reference that fact today

Last edited:
It's going to be interesting to see what happens in the rankings this week, because it's hard to imagine Gameday even considering it if we're not ranked, and even assuming we boat race Wagner that's not going to (well shouldn't really) move us up much and they'd decide before then anyway, but then again this Virginia game wasn't super impressive in the second half either. But if we go 5-0 then beat a top 10-15 NC State team, we deserve to be WELL inside the top-25, maybe in the top 15.

Feels like either we sneak in now, bump a spot or two next week based on who loses, and we're around 22nd going into the NC State game, or we stay out, are like 27th, and if we beat NC State we rocket up to the top 15 or so.

There are a few chances for teams in the 20-25 range to slip. If Florida loses today to Tennessee, at 2-2 they probably slip out of the top 25... #22 Texas at Texas Tech... #21 Wake hosting #5 Clemson... #23 Texas A&M hosting #10 Arkansas...

Hopefully those all go the right way and we get in this week. Gameday would be huge for the program and for the perception of the program nationally.

We need to be big NC St. fans.

Assuming they beat UConn, we need them to beat both Clemson and FSU.

we also need Tennessee or ‘Bama to lose and Michigan to lose. Penn St. not losing before Michigan matchup.

if either Tenn and Bama undefeated or PSU and Michigan undefeated, Ithink game day goes to Knoxville or Happy Valley.

If all that happens, I think we’ve got a great shot.

It would be so NC St to lose to UConn...

Let’s face it, we’re not losing to Wagner. I think it pretty much guarantees Gameday vs NC St on 10/15. It’s about damn time.
No. Not happening.

I can see Gameday going to Alabama vs Arkansas game next week.

Need NC State to be undefeated to have a shot. However, still doesn’t guarantee it. PSU & Michigan is still out there.

This is most unfortunate...

Yup. No chance for NC state.

Need ND to run table between now and our game, and for us to do similar for a chance at that game. We could potentially be 5-2 to 7-0 and ND could potentially be 5-2.

Issue is Kentucky Tennessee that week

Don’t be so sure…….

NC State is the road team…if it was at NC State it might be different…but ESPN has big motivation to push ACC teams currently

If they are undefeated and we are undefeated going into that NC State game…

We probably are the biggest game of that week.

Second guessing myself now because there is the Tennessee vs Bama game that day in Tennessee. So we’ll probably get screwed over.
Won’t do two Gamedays in Tennessee. Not a problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom