ESPN Gameday Needs to Come to Syracuse for NC State Game | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

ESPN Gameday Needs to Come to Syracuse for NC State Game

I’ve never thought we’d have a chance and definitely don’t now. I just couldn’t see them having Ncstate as the one of the teams 2/3 weeks. It just makes no sense from ESPN POV. A lot of other places to go that haven’t had a team on game day this year.

If they don't come for the NC State game they are never coming. 5-0, playing a ranked team. These situations for us are very rare and to be 5-0 is even more rare.

It is literally now or never for Gameday to come to Syracuse.

If they do come the Celebrity Guest Picker options are
Jim Boehiem​
Michael Cole (he is close with McAfee)​
Vanessa Williams​
Carmelo Anthony​
Donovan McNabb​
Taye Diggs​
Jim Brown?

I only care about Game Day to the extent that it helps the SU program. We live in a shallow world where exposure like that could mean a great deal. I do t watch game day, but I know that real people do.
I completely agree. I just think it's great exposure that would do only positive for the program. It certainly couldn't hurt. It would created a much needed extra buzz in Syracuse, which would be great to see.

Honest question…

let’s say we don’t get game day for NC State.

if we go 1-1 between NC State and Clemson could we get it for Notre Dame? We would have to be a top 20 team at 6-1. Huge opponent with giant following coming to the dome for the first time in however long to play a top 20 ranked Cuse team.

id say if by some miracle we are 7-0 (and don’t get it for NC State) that would be a lock. I’d say if we are 5-2 it wouldn’t happen. But 6-1? I feel like that’s a possibility.

Gameday has featured the same team in 2 out of 3 weeks before. Hell, gameday has featured the same team in back to back weeks before.

Wildhack has 7 days to pull strings and favors. Maybe it happens, maybe it doesn’t. It would be AWESOME though

Between App St. and Kansas this is a season where they're knocking out some program first visits.

Maybe that's a theme they continue.
They’ve been making a big deal out of that. Heard it a lot last night.

I suspect we will get it regardless of what NC State does next week. They like storylines - it drives unique viewers.

A 5-0 Syracuse for the first time in 35 years is a damn good story line. And the media loves Dino. I get the attraction with the Michigan - Penn State game but they get those teams every year. They’re making a big deal out of the basketball schools being good in football again.

Gameday would bring the casual fans fully back into the fold and change the trajectory of our program. Makes it easier to convince White to stay too.

Of course Game Day matters. CNY would blow it up too. The quad’s gorgeous and we’d rock gameday

GameDay would create a great buzz for the program and help get the remaining fan base out and energized

If the “remaining fan base” isn’t energized enough to want to see this team battle against some other good teams (NC State, ND, FSU), then are they really a fan base?

It’s not up to me, but at this point, I think I’d rather have the ACC PM crew (Packer, Tennebaum and Boston) come to campus. Take in the natural beauty of Syracuse in mid-October, walk around and see the various tailgates that will be up early no matter what. Would love to see them stop by The SyraCruze Fine Mess Tailgate before the game.

taking a quick look at that week's schedule the marquee game is Bama at Tennessee, but they already went to Knoxville this year. The other possibilities are USC @ Utah and Ok St. @ TCU.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom