ESPN Gameday Needs to Come to Syracuse for NC State Game | Page 33 | Syracusefan.com

ESPN Gameday Needs to Come to Syracuse for NC State Game

Chose your friends more wisely next time Gameday!
Man - you beat me to it (pun intended).
I wonder if they'll host Gameday from the Knox County Jail?

McCollough is the third Tennessee player to be arrested in the past two months. Offensive lineman Savion Herring was arrested and charged with domestic assault in September, and linebacker William Mohan was arrested on a charge of felony aggravated domestic assault in August. Both players were dismissed from the team.

I could see Michael Cole (lead WWE announcer and has worked with McAfee for the past year each week, he is a Syracuse Grad). Only issue is Friday night he is in New Orleans for a show so logistics may not work.

Jim Boeheim is the easy one but that is kinda boring honestly. I could see David Muir (part of the ABC/ESPN family), Vanessa Williams, Taye Diggs, Anne Burrell, (does Daniel Baldwin still live here? LOL) would be "celebrity options". To keep it to sports, Carmelo, McNabb or Freeney would also be viable options too.
Lex Steele.

Jim Brown is in no shape to speak on camera. Go to his Cameo page they use subtitles now.

Tirico is working the weekend meeting with coaches on Saturday for the Sunday game, won't be him
How about St. Tristian

male-silhouette-calling-on-the-phone-video-id482692667

If SU is 7-0 come ND we will be a lot higher than 18
As a fan dreaming, if Syracuse beats NC state and Clemson (on the road), I would be very surprised if they were any lower than 5th. I’m going to be giddy about that all week until reality sets on Saturday… although not due to a loss, I think Syracuse will win, but the issues against a good defense will be apparent and that’ll damper my upset hopes

As a fan dreaming, if Syracuse beats NC state and Clemson (on the road), I would be very surprised if they were any lower than 5th. I’m going to be giddy about that all week until reality sets on Saturday… although not due to a loss, I think Syracuse will win, but the issues against a good defense will be apparent and that’ll damper my upset hopes

6th or 7th would be my guess. Clemson and NC State alike would get dropped 6 or 7 spots. Clemson might drop another as well from the fallout. Given our history we probably have to go 13-0 to fantasy land at 5 or higher.

Back in 2001, my brother and I went to the Tennessee - Syracuse game and were hanging out at a sports bar on Cumberland Ave. Some guy who was about 45 saw our Syracuse gear and started buying us beers and talking to us about Tennessee football history. One story was about UT beating Alabama after something like a 12 year drought in 1982; in the celebration afterwards fans tipped over a bread truck on Cumberland Ave. A couple guys started grabbing loaves and started tossing them to onlookers when the back doors on the truck popped open. My brother and I still laugh about that trip and learning about “the bread truck riot of ‘82”.

I’m a little irritated about Tennessee getting this Gameday - but if Gameday does a piece on that ‘82 game and the ensuing bread theft, I’ll be ok with their decision.

Back in 2001, my brother and I went to the Tennessee - Syracuse game and were hanging out at a sports bar on Cumberland Ave. Some guy who was about 45 saw our Syracuse gear and started buying us beers and talking to us about Tennessee football history. One story was about UT beating Alabama after something like a 12 year drought in 1982; in the celebration afterwards fans tipped over a bread truck on Cumberland Ave. A couple guys started grabbing loaves and started tossing them to onlookers when the back doors on the truck popped open. My brother and I still laugh about that trip and learning about “the bread truck riot of ‘82”.

I’m a little irritated about Tennessee getting this Gameday - but if Gameday does a piece on that ‘82 game and the ensuing bread theft, I’ll be ok with their decision.

I had such a great time in Knoxville in 2001. I really want to go back sometime. Their fans were great, even when I belted out a hillbilly version of Rockytop in front of the whole bar. They laughed it off, bought us beers.

I'm not bitter about them getting the spot this weekend, the place is going to be an absolute zoo. And I hope they win.

We handle our business and root for Michigan/TCU this weekend to win home games. We have a great shot at ND.

Vols fans are running their mouth about us on twitter cause some of us went on the Gameday page and said they should have came to our game.

I wouldn't be surprised if a desperate FSU pops Clemsons bubble this week actually.

Agreed.

I think a Clemson blowout would be the best option for us though I want them arrogant. I think we can contain Shipley and turnover DJU a couple times.

The big is if Tenn wins out we could end up with 3 SEC teams in the playoff and who wants that. Even if they only lose to Ala we could end up with that.

Kansas has had more success?! Have you watched college football?

Kansas 28 wins since 2008
Syracuse 72 wins since 2008
I mean, it is kind of convenient that you started counting literally the year after they went 12-1, won the Orange Bowl, and finished 7th in the country in 2007. But I agree they have been even more dreadful than us over the past decade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom