ESPN: Maryland to big ten on Monday | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

ESPN: Maryland to big ten on Monday

Reading the Maryland board, except for the trolls, 90% figure its a bad idea, also they consider themselves to be southerners nothing in common with the Midwest.

My Maryland grad cousin who lives in Elliot city just txtd me and said he'd be furious if Maryland left the ACC

They already had the NYC market - that's what I can't understand. I lived in NJ and had the B1G Network. Hell - I live between Boston and Providence and have the B1G Network. Anyone want to watch Minn vs. Wisc hockey?

The devil is in the details: The Big 10 can get closer to $1.00 per subscriber in the NY Market now..pretty sure they only get 10 or 15 cents per right now.

If this happens, I'd love to see the ACC strike back and get PSU.

I'd also love to see Vandy and then ND come on board 100%.

That would be a sweet conference.

And they just announced it as a "very strong" report on the Coaches vs Cancer (ND vs BYU) game.
This is gonna happen. :bang:
Issue now becomes that $50 million exit fee & how its negotiated.
Also, you can bet FSU and Fillintheblank U are already talking to the Big 12.
This could get pretty ugly for us if we've moved to yet ANOTHER dying conference.
Also, I don't envision ND making any moves that they don't have to make, vis-a-vis staying independent.

There's nothing to negotiate on the exit fee. Pay up suckers. 50 millionie clammos.

The bevo sucks. Nobody is going there.

SU loses if Rutgers goes Big 10 and UConn goes ACC. Anyone that thinks it's a good thing in any way, shape or form needs to think longer. They would have more money, more direct access to BCS, more attractive schedules. Everything that helps you recruit.

Oh well. Maybe it was too good to be true anyway.

Big 10 gets worse. Rutgers (and possibly UConn) would be the only real winners.

ND becoming a full member is what the ACC needs to focus on.

This would seem to kill the pipe dream of Penn State to the ACC. Or maybe it's pre-emptive.

I can only think of one reason the B1G would do this ... is this to keep Penn St happy?

Not sure how this would make the B1G stronger ... if anything it seems like it would just dilute their product and make scheduling more difficult.

There was a Penn State article yesterday saying how unhappy some people were in the Big 10. And I also heard rumors that a vote had been taken on whether to kick Penn State out of the conference. Obviously they're still in, but that had to create some hard feelings, if true.

Still don't buy it. But sure is getting interesting!

Some people say "whatever, bye Maryland!" but I can guarantee if Maryland left, FSU and Clemson wouldn't be far behind.

Only if they can get into the SEC. That's what they've always wanted.

Notre Dame turned the Big Ten down after they extended an invitation to the Irish.

I'll bet Maryland turns them down too. It will piss off to many alumni, basketball supporters, etc. The Terrapin Club won't support it. And DC area fans don'[t care anything about these Midwestern teams.

Muthafuka. This would essentially cut us and BC off. Swoford needed to get rut into the fold and he failed. They are too goddamn important regionally to be left to rot. 'twas never gonna happen, best case for SU would've been in the bevo. This is bad, very bad.

If this happens, all you stoopid arseholes who make fun of rut can go to fkukin ell, for I told u so.

It's dumb for Maryland, not sure what they're thinking.

Eh, I think Rutgers becomes Northwestern at best. They'll never sniff a championship in the Big 10, if Penn State has had such a hard time in there.

I agree that this sucks if true, but it's not as bad as you think. Rutgers will never be any good in any conference other than the Big East.

Notre Dame turned the Big Ten down after they extended an invitation to the Irish.

I'll bet Maryland turns them down too. It will piss off to many alumni, basketball supporters, etc. The Terrapin Club won't support it. And DC area fans don'[t care anything about these Midwestern teams.
Maryland is looking at 2 days of pissed off alumni ripping this move.

Maybe it will happen, but I'll stick with no for now.

Maryland is looking at 2 days of pissed off alumni ripping this move.

Maybe it will happen, but I'll stick with no for now.

The "suits' on campus are probably for is, because it helps them balance the books short term. But everybody else --- alumni, students, local boosters, the sportswriters on the Wash Po, etc, etc --- will raise Holy Hell. I doubt Maryland can pull it off.

Lets not fall for the Okey-Doke here.
This impacts SU only if FSU and someone else bolts for the SEC/Big 12.
MD's leaving will establish a precedent for those that might wanna follow.

What I don't understand most of you are saying that if MD leaves then FSU and Clemson will leave? Why? What does Maryland bring to the table? They are awful in football and basketball. I don't get why because MD will leave that means FSU will bolt also. Doesn't make sense.

What I don't understand most of you are saying that if MD leaves then FSU and Clemson will leave? Why? What does Maryland bring to the table? They are awful in football and basketball. I don't get why because MD will leave that means FSU will bolt also. Doesn't make sense.

I'm on that same wavelength. If a school like Maryland, Maryland that is, can potentially cause so much havoc, well, then in all reality, the ACC has much bigger issues...

The Boneyard has posted that a Miami radio station is now reporting UM, Virginia, RU and UConn to the Big10.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom