ESPN: Maryland to big ten on Monday | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

ESPN: Maryland to big ten on Monday

Or Butgirls and UMD.

If Rutgers were located in Mass. or Central PA, no conference would want them except maybe the MAC. The B1G --- if they are in fact interested --- only is looking at the number of TV sets in NJ. Nothing about the RU athletic program or the student body or the school mildly interests the B1G.

I'm surprised they don't consider Fairleigh Dickinson instead of Rutgers. It's in NJ and doesn't have the stink of years of athletic futility associated with it.

I wont post what Arb posted in the chatroom last night, but his ACC sources gave him some details on what the ACC's next move might be, if this all does go down.

I am hoping I don't.

I don't see it happening. Other than some short term money, there's nothing in it for Maryland or their fans or their alumni or anyone.

If the University wants to do this, the furor is going to be huge.

Flashback #1 - When Len Bias died of a drug overdose, there was a negative story in the Washington Post about the University of Maryland every day for a year and a half. That's over 500 days of incessant pounding.

Flashback #2 - When Lefty Drissell was fired, the University President and the AD hired Bob Wade (a "Balmer" High School coach) to replace Lefty. 18 months later, Wade was fired, the AD was fired and the President was shuffled off the California.

Maryland isn't a place where the Administration gets to do what it wants.

Kirwin knows all of this.

Terp fans do not want it.

Terp alumni which have spoken up to not want it.

Terp Chancellor does not want it

Terp President and some other Terp high ups do.

It will come down to their Board of Regents who will make the final decision if there is a final decision to make.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Since it's a state school, this may make some difference.

I wont post what Arb posted in the chatroom last night, but his ACC sources gave him some details on what the ACC's next move might be, if this all does go down.

Why tease us. Just post it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom