ESPN: Maryland to big ten on Monday | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ESPN: Maryland to big ten on Monday

If the contract comes with a 10 yr GOR it will. What conf would pick a BE school whos rights belong to another conference.

All that is still weeks away, if fast-tracked. The period between agreeing to the TV deal and the GOR allows for more backroom negotiating.

If buttgers is to move its better for Syracuse if they go to the big ten rather than the ACC. We would only compete against them in recruiting and that's better for us as many recruits are going to want to play in the ACC just as they do now.

Big ten or not its just way better to not be in the same conference with them.

Rutgers to the Big10? I think I'm going to throw up.

Muthafuka. This would essentially cut us and BC off. Swoford needed to get rut into the fold and he failed. They are too goddamn important regionally to be left to rot. 'twas never gonna happen, best case for SU would've been in the bevo. This is bad, very bad.

If this happens, all you stoopid arseholes who make fun of rut can go to fkukin ell, for I told u so.

It's dumb for Maryland, not sure what they're thinking.
images

the b10 would kill rutgers. it killed PSU and made them marginal , they could hope to be Indiana after this

I had a hunch this was going to happen. I figured Rutgers and UConn would eventually land on their feet. Just not this soon. The ACC could have avoided this by inviting Rutgers and UConn from the beginning. It would have prevented Rutgers/UConn from joining the Big 10 and wrapped up the New York market and the entire eastern seaboard. Small time thinking.

I had a hunch this was going to happen. I figured Rutgers and UConn would eventually land on their feet. Just not this soon. The ACC could have avoided this by inviting Rutgers and UConn from the beginning. It would have prevented Rutgers/UConn from joining the Big 10 and wrapped up the New York market and the entire eastern seaboard. Small time thinking.
The "market" is only of value to the Big 10 because they can get new TV sets on the B10 network and make $ even if no one gives a flipping rat's duff about the teams on it. If those "markets" had been of value to the ACC, given its model, then ESPN would have advised them to take SU, UConn, and Rutgers from the start. Rutgers wasn't even the 3rd choice for the ACC.

Muthafuka. This would essentially cut us and BC off. Swoford needed to get rut into the fold and he failed. They are too goddamn important regionally to be left to rot. 'twas never gonna happen, best case for SU would've been in the bevo. This is bad, very bad.

If this happens, all you stoopid arseholes who make fun of rut can go to fkukin ell, for I told u so.

MD is a high class crackhead...they need $$$ to run the programs cuz no one gives a about their teams.

You are right that Rutgirls is very strategic for the ACC to grab them. If I were the ACC I would (plug my nose) offer them right now

I'm confused how adding Rutgers sells the B10 network.

It would seem to me that Rutgers has a negligible impact on improving the product.

I guess my question is why does the B10 network need Rutgers in order to sell itself into NYC?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

SNY can't like this one bit. They were talking about the Big East and the new divisions for football today. Pretty funny.

MD is a high class crackhead...they need $$$ to run the programs cuz no one gives a about their teams.

You are right that Rutgirls is very strategic for the ACC to grab them. If I were the ACC I would (plug my nose) offer them right now
Yanno I wanna answer some of your posts but that GIF is just... hypnotic lol

The "market" is only of value to the Big 10 because they can get new TV sets on the B10 network and make $ even if no one gives a flipping rat's duff about the teams on it. If those "markets" had been of value to the ACC, given its model, then ESPN would have advised them to take SU, UConn, and Rutgers from the start. Rutgers wasn't even the 3rd choice for the ACC.
Understandable. But I knew the Big 10 would eventually grab Rutgers if the ACC didn't. Now the Big 10 gets the New York market.

ND all-in to get back to 14. No need to expand further.

Otherwise: PSU or Vandy or Yukon.

if true you will have to get behind me i have been saying ru to the big 10 for two years---and i have A LOT more to add to that

Understandable. But I knew the Big 10 would eventually grab Rutgers if the ACC didn't. Now the Big 10 gets the New York market.
If the NY market mattered all that much, why didn't they try to take us years ago? They could have got the entire state's TV's, and quality athletics programs.

Maryland is a done deal. RU is leader but not only one considered for 14. Haven't heard who others are, but figure Kansas, UConn. Word is they want 14 in place before Christmas, probably by December. Hard not to get hopes up, but given our history we will probably not make the cut. Although if that happens, most likely we are an option to replace MD. Worst case for us is KU to B1G, UConn to ACC and we are the king of the new new new BE.

Maryland is a done deal. RU is leader but not only one considered for 14. Haven't heard who others are, but figure Kansas, UConn. Word is they want 14 in place before Christmas, probably by December. Hard not to get hopes up, but given our history we will probably not make the cut. Although if that happens, most likely we are an option to replace MD. Worst case for us is KU to B1G, UConn to ACC and we are the king of the new new new BE.

If KU goes to the B1G, you can kiss Louisville goodbye.

I posted is this the less read thread Maryland is gone they don't go public without committing to go. The ONLY chance they don't go is if the Under Armour alum and 90% of Maryland's alumni hate this move. I doubt they do and they will be gone for 2014. The B1G owns Penn State' GOR till 2027 with that said if I am Swofford I go to the ACC AD's and say even though Penn State doesn't bring value in the near present this about survival and we can survive if we bite the bullet and give Penn State a full share and take less money in the present to bring Penn State to the ACC. Next thing you do is get every ACC school to sign away their GOR along with the exit fee and you move onto trying to get Notre Dame to become a full member.If the smaller schools like SU, Duke, BC, Wake, Pitt have to incur more of the burden to keep Clemson, Florida State happy the ACC HAS to do this to prevent the conference from being destroyed.

No one in the NY market watches Rutgers. They have no New York loyalty. NJ local is not the same thing. People in Long Island do not care about Rutgers or in Westchester Co. or even in Manhattan. More SU fans in the total NY market than Rutgers. In all the years I have lived in the NY market including, 21 years in NJ and 8 years in Westchester, no one was clamoring for Rutgers football games on TV. Maybe in NJ in the better football years.

They already had the NYC market - that's what I can't understand. I lived in NJ and had the B1G Network. Hell - I live between Boston and Providence and have the B1G Network. Anyone want to watch Minn vs. Wisc hockey?

If the NY market mattered all that much, why didn't they try to take us years ago? They could have got the entire state's TV's, and quality athletics programs.
Expansion wasn't popular then,

MD could get out for $20-35M, I suspect that $27.5 will be the the final number.

Rutgers is just cannon fodder in the BiG, in all sports.

If the NY market mattered all that much, why didn't they try to take us years ago?
ND was still available back then... they are no longer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom