ESPN reports that MD Board unanimously approves B10 move | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ESPN reports that MD Board unanimously approves B10 move

fluck uconn and lville. you don't make a move out of panic. the tv contract is signed. The ACC has options AND ND is a partial.

Exactly...ACC with its adds of Pitt/ND/Cuse is still winning the arms race.

Don't think Swofford has a plan. Just look at the ACC contract and bowl lineup.

Won't someone think of the student athletes?!?!

I used to say that college sports is a cesspool, but at this point that's probably unfair to cesspools.

Well said.

We are in trouble because it isn't stopping at 14 we are going to see 4 16 team conferences. I think the SEC goes after FSU and Clemson and grabs the best available football schools. The B1G will go after Texas and ND both will decline and that means going after the best available ACC schools for the BTN they will likely pursue Ga. Tech and UNC both in good markets for the BTN and tweak the SEC with the moves. The ACC may have to merge with the Big XII for survival to be honest.

Why doesn't the ACC invite Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma St, Kansas and Kansas St then?

fluck uconn and lville. you don't make a move out of panic. the tv contract is signed. The ACC has options AND ND is a partial.

I agree. Leave them standing at the altar.

Why doesn't the ACC invite Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma St, Kansas and Kansas St then?
It seems like the ACC was trying to stay on the east coast, and only having ND the outlier. But now, I agree with you, go after some big boys and solidify the conference. I think everyone would prefer that Penn State join the ACC along with Notre Dame as a full member and then possibly another team on the east coast, or maybe even Louisville. But, if Penn State cannot be drawn from the B1G, for obvious reasons, then go after Texas and their buddies.

Only Penn State would make me feel better.

I don't want Louisville or UConn.

PSU is a huge win for us. No doubt that if somehow they were to get PSU to come on board, it would probably expedite ND coming full on.

But I understand your concerns as they mirror mine.

However, I would say LVille is a pretty good replacement. UConn... eh.

It seems like the ACC was trying to stay on the east coast, and only having ND the outlier. But now, I agree with you, go after some big boys and solidify the conference. I think everyone would prefer that Penn State join the ACC along with Notre Dame as a full member and then possibly another team on the east coast, or maybe even Louisville. But, if Penn State cannot be drawn from the B1G, for obvious reasons, then go after Texas and their buddies.

Didnt those schools sign a GOR with the Big12? Not sure they can be poached.

UL is better than Maryland in everything outside of academics they would be a maybe upgrade in the sporting department.

If ND can be convinced to come in as a full member, we're back to 14.

Problem solved.

I wish, thats probably a pipe dream at best. This isnt a good sign for SU as at all.

To me if this superconference thing is true the battle will be between the ACC and the Big 12 for the last chair at the big boy table.

If ND can be convinced to come in as a full member, we're back to 14.

Problem solved.

having them lose this weekend and out of the NC picture would push them toward joining a conference.

if they were in a conference and lost this weekend they'd still be a part of the playoff.

Didnt those schools sign a GOR with the Big12? Not sure they can be poached.

We've been hydro fracked! Paying the exit fees was fools gold while the real gold was staking a land claim.

Given that Miami and VaTech are in the dumper, FSU seems have to near unfettered access to the ACC's BCS spot for the next few years (assuming Clemson chokes away their chance like the usually do). I would think that may be worth something to them.

I wish, thats probably a pipe dream at best. This isnt a good sign for SU as at all.

If things were to fall apart, it's probably not a good sign for any school not named FSU.

PSU is a huge win for us. No doubt that if somehow they were to get PSU to come on board, it would probably expedite ND coming full on.

But I understand your concerns as they mirror mine.

However, I would say LVille is a pretty good replacement. UConn... eh.

PSU just got Maryland and Rutgers to join them, they are probably quite happy with that arrangement and are now more likely to stay in the Big 10.

PSU just got Maryland and Rutgers to join them, they are probably quite happy with that arrangement and are now more likely to stay in the Big 10.

Bingo.

PSU just got two eastern patsies to placate their fan base. They must be over the moon.

To me if this superconference thing is true the battle will be between the ACC and the Big 12 for the last chair at the big boy table.
i said this as well
18 team conference round robin and cross division championship game. Unless you can eliminate 2 schools.
Eastern Division
WVU
Pitt
BC
VPI
UVA
SU
NCSU
Miami
Duke
Western
KU
K State
Texas
Texas Tech
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Baylor
TCU
Iowa State

The pain-point here from the ACC's standpoint has to be Florida State. I'm not really sure losing Maryland causes them (Fla st) to react but if the ACC doesn't bring in a good FB school that could change. PSU is a pipe dream. I don't ever see them leaving the B1G. Not with all their $$ issues (lawsuits) in front of them.

Mark Turgeon now has to walk into living rooms from PGC to Baltimore (and the dens od AAU coaches) and tell the parents and handlers that they can forget Duke, Carolina, Cuse, short trips to UVA, Pitt, etc and load up the bus to see you beloved play in Madison.

Loh and Anderson and the fools who built those empty suites at Byrd really messed up a nice little thing they had.

In order for the Pac12 to become a "superconference", they need to take 4 Big XII teams.

They're NOT inviting Fresno, New Mexico, UNLV, and Reno

In order for the Pac12 to become a "superconference", they need to take 4 Big XII teams.

They're NOT inviting Fresno, New Mexico, UNLV, and Reno

Agreed...the battle for Texas and it's plebes is next on the menu.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom