ESPN: Top 10 Frontcourts--Syracuse #2 | Syracusefan.com

ESPN: Top 10 Frontcourts--Syracuse #2

arbitragegls

All Conference
Seth Greenberg has named his top 10 frontcourts for the coming bball season and 'Cuse is #2 behind Florida and in front of KY. Here is his evaluation:

2. Syracuse Orange

Syracuse has a deep, athletic and experienced frontcourt led by C.J. Fair. Fair is as versatile a forward as there is in the country. As a freshman and sophomore, he was a complementary player. Now he is the focal point of the Orange, both offensively and defensively. He can play in an isolation, out of a ball screen, is a relentless offensive rebounder and flies around in the Syracuse 2-3 zone.

Jim Boeheim has a number of players to complement Fair. The most underappreciated player for the Orange is senior Baye Keita. Kieta runs the floor, competes on the defensive glass and is active in the middle of the zone. He can cover both the high post and rotate down to trap the short corner.
Rakeem Christmas is a 6-foot-11 athlete who has shown signs of excellence. He is an instinctive shot-blocker -- one block every 10 minutes -- and is an improving offensive player.
DaJuan Coleman is big, extremely skilled and has great hands and feel for the game. He must finish better around the basket. The question is, where does he play in the zone?

The X factor for the Orange frontcourt is 6-foot-9 Jerami Grant. The sophomore is a hybrid forward with great length. He is an instinctive rebounder and has the ability to slash to the basket. Grant can use his quickness against bigger and more physical forwards.

God, I can't believe he didn't have us #1.

What a h8r

tumblr_m219bhJImS1rqfhi2o1_400.gif

Good stuff.
Glad that Rak had a Grant-like growth spurt lol. 6'11? Ah, it would be nice if it is true. :)
Either way, I am hopeful that DC2 makes a huge leap this year, figuratively speaking of course.
Hulk is going to smash things just fine this year.
Hulk mad.
DaJuan+Coleman+Villanova+v+Syracuse+3PX7hJuKRTYl.jpg

He's the third forward. Probably 10 minutes a game backing up CJ and Grant.

Maybe, but with Gbinje's size they have the option of playing him at the back, and if I had to guess, you'll see some lineups with Rak and Coleman on the court together, which takes minutes away from Roberson.

Maybe. But Rak at the 4 has been a disaster. He has no offensive skills other than a dunk. Take him away from the rim and he scores no points. I doubt JB will go back to that when he has a player, Roberson who has an offensive game and can rebound the ball.

I thought it was pretty detailed synopsis and pretty good. How is Patric Young disappointing? He averages like 10 and 6 last year for a team where he wasn't the focal point. I think Cuse should be one, Kentucky 2 and Florida 3 but calling Patric Young overrated is kind of weird.

Maybe. But Rak at the 4 has been a disaster. He has no offensive skills other than a dunk. Take him away from the rim and he scores no points. I doubt JB will go back to that when he has a player, Roberson who has an offensive game and can rebound the ball.

Perhaps, but I've seen a lot of freshmen come in and not produce right away, so I'm a little more skeptical, that's all.

Who's Florida even have? Patrick young is about as disappointing as yvonne strahovski being board hotty. And that's pretty shitty if you ask me.
And that's why he's a hater, this is a no brainer.

I fully expected him to break out last year and it never really happened. I think preseason he was projected as a lottery pick. Defensive big men ate his lunch. He prayed on weaker SE teams
I thought it was pretty detailed synopsis and pretty good. How is Patric Young disappointing? He averages like 10 and 6 last year for a team where he wasn't the focal point. I think Cuse should be one, Kentucky 2 and Florida 3 but calling Patric Young overrated is kind of weird.

I fully expected him to break out last year and it never really happened. I think preseason he was projected as a lottery pick. Defensive big men ate his lunch. He prayed on weaker SE teams
I never liked him because he hated on Fab, now I think it's funny.

Florida has a Va Tech transfer coming in. I smell bias!

Count me as another guy a little underwhelmed with Young

He's the third forward. Probably 10 minutes a game backing up CJ and Grant.
as of now, Grant is the 3rd forward behind probable starters Fair & Roc

Rak at the 4 has been a disaster.
disaster? as a 4-5 combo whose versatility allows JB to go big or small as fits the need of the moment: 64 career wins and back to back Elite 8 teams . . . gimme more of that disaster.

you were expecting a star, you got a role player. that's a disappointment, maybe, but not a disaster.

Who's Florida even have? Patrick young is about as disappointing as yvonne strahovski being board hotty. And that's pretty shitty if you ask me.

I didn't follow this latest board hottie voting, but I did like her on Dexter last season. It sort of helped the lame storylines. What happened to that show? It just keeps going downhill. But I digress.