Et tu, Hal Luther? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Et tu, Hal Luther?

Marv Albert to exclusively call Bills games. He got the call and had to go.

Just for the record, if offered a spot with HCDM in Buffalo, I will decline said position.

Just for the record, if offered a shot at HCDM, I will take it.

Anybody have a link to support/explain the Drummond sub conversation? I read this whole thread looking for actual info, and we haven't a peep!

Thanks ;)

Can I take Christmas my eCard message and signature back? Or better yet, change it?

Thanks... I guess newsworthy is a matter of opinion. Being white, I have never dealt with racism the way older black people have had to deal with. It is not for me to judge him for his reaction. However, I definitely have had to deal with overly concerned people looking for racism around every corner. This is clearly a case of finding racism wherever you look. Perhaps he should have tried to understand that a computer program designed to use faces to create patterns is going to use dark pictures for dark areas and light pictures for light areas. If you have white kids and black kids as the sample pics, this is what you will get.

Oh, and any white kid who had dimmer lighting in his picture wound up mixed in with the black kids, what a shame we are now basing segregation on quality of portrait lighting!

Yikes, over reaction.

Just for the record, if offered a spot with HCDM in Buffalo, I will decline said position.

So based on the last few weeks I guess this will be your last post?

I cant explain the last two hirings at all, Anselmo makes absolutely zero sense and really hurts us. Even the most ardant Marrone supporter at this point has to admit its getting ridiculous.
It really is simple. Doug is an arrogant paranoid individual.

Malcolm Gladwell wrote a great piece about airline crashes a few years ago, the jist of which was it's never a single error that causes a plane to go down. Rather, it's miscommunication coupled with multiple small mistakes that creates a disaster.

Which brings me to the Bills. Everyone likes to dwell on Gailey or a weak-armed QB as reasons for their mediocrity. Really, it's that and a lot of other things. For example, Doug Marrone is supposed to have connections across the NFL. Shouldn't a guy with so many connections be attracting coaching talent from everywhere? Why take so many people from a 25-25 program? Wouldn't it concern you if you were a diehard Bills fan paying attention to all this? I mean, these guys are obviously in Doug's comfort zone. That's a plus. But, are we supposed to believe that the most supremely qualified people for each of these jobs was at SU. Was the SU coaching staff that loaded last season?

I'm not trying to discredit the coaches who went with Marrone. It's a great opportunity no doubt. Doug is showing a lot of faith and loyalty. And, come next season, fans are not going to dwell on Anselmo or Wheatley. the point is that hires like this often seem small but they create the conditions for success... or total disaster. I'd be concerned if I were a Bills fan.

Why should a Bills fan be concerned? Are these bad coaches? Are coaches who are already at the NFL level automatically superior to coaches at the college level yet to have an opportunity to coach in the NFL? I think Greg Robinson and his staff debunked that theory.

Marrone knows what it takes to win in the NFL. If he's comfortable with coaches he has worked with before, then it's fine.

And Syracuse will be fine as well. I have faith in Shafer. Is Hal Luther irreplaceable or something? Sheesh.

Errr...I mean, Marrone is a horrible person! (please don't delete, admins)

What does any out-of-town person know about Buffalo? 1) Wide right. 2) Four straight Super Bowl losses. 3) Lots of snow. 4) Close to Love Canal. 5) Across an international border from the only good part of Niagara Falls. Doug must be some salesman. Or he's been given VERY deep pockets.

There's little to no difference between Syracuse and Buffalo. Buffalo has to deal with more Canadians, Syracuse has to deal with more snow.

At the same time, the fact that these coaches are willing to leave good jobs at Syracuse for Buffalo may be proof that they respect and enjoy working for Marrone. (I know, I know - he's a horrible human being)

Life 101.

Seems that Jeremi wilkes takes this stuff the hardest based on his twitter feed. seems he looked up to a lot of these guys, almost in a father figure kind of way with Marrone. I suppose that speaks to the impact that Doug had on these kids. unfortunately Jeremi went all in and seems stung.

And now somewhere in Michigan or Ohio a mid major school will soon lose their strength coach.