Etienne returning to Clemson for Senior Year | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Etienne returning to Clemson for Senior Year

Oh, balls. The rich always get richer.

On a related note, I already reserved a hotel room in Clemson Sept. 2 and 3rd. Banking on we are stuck with them opening game in that ACC Network opener. Bucket list stadium / experience and an SU game. Can still get back in time for the long weekend before school starts up. Also hoping to get in on my first TexanMark tailgate, if he's planning on doing one!

Very well written statement by young Mr. Etienne. Just maybe the young man wants to earn his degree and leave college with it and also maybe he wants to win another National Title realizing he may never have a chance at a title in the NFL. I'm sure he will do it the smart way and get an insurance policy and after the 2020 season, it's off to the NFL. Even though I bleed SYRACUSE ORANGE, I say good for him. Go Syracuse Orange!!!

He is crazy. I know its a 2020 NFL Draft with a bunch of good RB's, but he is one of them. He is a borderline 1st round sure thing top of 2nd round pick. To go back and risk injury is nuts. PLUS, at running back getting that 2nd NFL contract (the big payday one) is impossible these days. He is putting more wear and tear on him and putting that off for another year.

Unless Clemson is paying this kid big bucks under the table, he is making a horrible decision.

Oh, balls. The rich always get richer.

On a related note, I already reserved a hotel room in Clemson Sept. 2 and 3rd. Banking on we are stuck with them opening game in that ACC Network opener. Bucket list stadium / experience and an SU game. Can still get back in time for the long weekend before school starts up. Also hoping to get in on my first TexanMark tailgate, if he's planning on doing one!
Word for the wise. If you got a very good deal...watch out. They might cancel your reservation because they can turn around and book it for 3 times rack rate. Not saying it will happen but it could. I would make a backup rez in Greenville JIC.

I'll be up at in NY...haven't committed yet to doing a tailgate there yet.

For My Road Tailgates:
WMU is definite
Wake is highly likely
Pitt is also under consideration

As for Rutgirls...I might supplement but hopefully the local Jersey Cuse fans can take lead. Pork Rolls?
Gotta limit it to about 100 as parking can be an issue there. I'm sure Lexy will bring 100 by herself LOL
What the hell...let's have a 300 person blowout

Very well written statement by young Mr. Etienne. Just maybe the young man wants to earn his degree and leave college with it
Those big buildings on college campuses aren't going anywhere. He can pick up and get his degree down the road at any time in life. Putting off your small window of opportunity to make boatloads of money in the NFL especially at the position he plays and where he would have been drafted is just pure stupid.

Word for the wise. If you got a very good deal...watch out. They might cancel your reservation because they can turn around and book it for 3 times rack rate. Not saying it will happen but it could. I would make a backup rez in Greenville JIC.

I'll be up at in NY...haven't committed yet to doing a tailgate there yet.

For My Road Tailgates:
WMU is definite
Wake is highly likely
Pitt is also under consideration

As for Rutgirls...I might supplement but hopefully the local Jersey Cuse fans can take lead. Pork Rolls?
Gotta limit it to about 100 as parking can be an issue there. I'm sure Lexy will bring 100 by herself LOL
What the hell...let's have a 300 person blowout
Thanks for the heads up. I go through hotels.com. Says the reservation is guaranteed. I'm not sure if that holds sway. I might make that alternate reservation as you suggested; I can always cancel.

If the Clemson date doesn't match up, Rutgers or Pitt is the alternative road trip this year. Hope to see you there!

Problem is that the NFL always undervalue rbs every draft and guys drop. Etienne could easily drop into mid 2nd to 3rd just depending on needs and position runs. I get the “why risk it” and I would imagine he is insured. I would wager if he was viewed as a Saquan Barkley it may be different but that’s not I am guessing how he is being perceived.

Problem is that the NFL always undervalue rbs every draft and guys drop. Etienne could easily drop into mid 2nd to 3rd just depending on needs and position runs. I get the “why risk it” and I would imagine he is insured. I would wager if he was viewed as a Saquan Barkley it may be different but that’s not I am guessing how he is being perceived.

It seems that RB is the ultimate position that if you're ready to go, or close, you go. Limited tread on those tires. And that guy has been taking handoffs for a lifetime.

It seems that RB is the ultimate position that if you're ready to go, or close, you go. Limited tread on those tires. And that guy has been taking handoffs for a lifetime.
Very true... but ya have to believe people including Dabo are filling the young man in on that right?

This is a case of, forget about team and think of yourself because everyone else is thinking about how well this is going to work for them.

Maybe the kid loves the college life and has built a lot of great friendships with his teammates. He knows he can only have 1 more year of that. Ultimately yes, this may cost him money. But leaving now or staying (barring injury), he will make plenty of money.

I hate the fact we have to play against him, but I respect his decision 1,000x more than marginal guys who bolt, or others who sit out a single bowl game. Clearly I'm in the minority, but I think he should be praised. He's doing the unconventional thing and I suspect it's because he truly loves it at Clemson. If TJ didn't make a questionable decision, the reaction here may be at least a little bit different.

I just can’t fathom this. If Dabo were going to do the best thing for this kid he would be telling him to go. He’s got NFL all pro written all over him, and he needs to capitalize on his limited window as a rb while he can

on a more personal note I never thought we were going to have to watch a Cuse defense try and deal with that SOBever again

I could totally see Dabo saying “I talked to God and he told me to tell you he wants you to come back next year.”

i feel like dabo was holding a thick stack of $100 Bills to his ear while saying this.

He just dropped his draft stock dramatically for the following year and lost an extra year of salary. But if this is what makes him happy, who are we to judge?

He just dropped his draft stock dramatically for the following year and lost an extra year of salary. But if this is what makes him happy, who are we to judge?

Honestly this. I mean no booster can reasonably cover this one.

I do remember Derrick Coleman walking the campus when he was a senior and how awe inspiring it was.

Maybe the kid loves the college life and has built a lot of great friendships with his teammates. He knows he can only have 1 more year of that. Ultimately yes, this may cost him money. But leaving now or staying (barring injury), he will make plenty of money.

I hate the fact we have to play against him, but I respect his decision 1,000x more than marginal guys who bolt, or others who sit out a single bowl game. Clearly I'm in the minority, but I think he should be praised. He's doing the unconventional thing and I suspect it's because he truly loves it at Clemson. If TJ didn't make a questionable decision, the reaction here may be at least a little bit different.
I would grow to love the NFL life and make new friends for a few million bucks.

1579316704552.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom