Etienne returning to Clemson for Senior Year | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Etienne returning to Clemson for Senior Year

Yeah everyone is thinking he is a first round lock and the one thing the nfl draft isnt a lock for is rbs In round 1. QBs yes...DE, LT, CB and safety sure but every team feels like they can buy low for an rb.

Yeah everyone is thinking he is a first round lock and the one thing the nfl draft isnt a lock for is rbs In round 1. QBs yes...DE, LT, CB and safety sure but every team feels like they can buy low for an rb.
Even if he goes in the second round like Dalvin Cook, Derrick Henry the position doesn’t get paid in the pros well.
I don’t blame the kid for doing what he wants but coming back isn’t going to move him up draft boards.
He better make sure he gets a good insurance policy and doesn’t put a lot of touches on his body.

He should work on playing in the slot next year. That would help him move up in the draft.

The assumption that what is important to most in this thread should be just as important to Etienne as well is ignorant at best.

Fortunately enough for him, he’s put himself in the position to do whatever the f he wants. Even if that includes not maximizing his monetary prospects.

Some things in life you can’t buy.

The assumption that what is important to most in this thread should be just as important to Etienne as well is ignorant at best.

Fortunately enough for him, he’s put himself in the position to do whatever the f he wants. Even if that includes not maximizing his monetary prospects.

Some things in life you can’t buy.
And maybe he's addressing the concerns brought up in this thread from a different angle. "RB's have a short career and don't demand the money other positions do. Ok, I'll have my degree in hand in order to be best prepared for that. And I'll have one more fun year with my boys before entering the cold world of pro sports. If I leave school now, I know I won't want to go back. Might as well take advantage of my momentum and finish up what I'm so close to finishing."

To everyone killing the kid over this decision... I don’t want to hear a peep in the future when you have the inclination to wax poetic about “student athletes” and not paying players and integrity and the value of scholarships and kids these days and all that Jazz. He’s doing what everyone blathers on about: prioritizing school, not being enthralled with money, valuing team and commitments. And he’s stupid for doing so, apparently.

Preach!

He promised his mother he'd get his degree plus he just loves school. Wilkins and CJ Spiller were the same way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom