Evansville up on Kentucky at half | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Evansville up on Kentucky at half

This might surpass SU's loss to Boston College in 2014 as the worst ever loss by a #1 team!

giphy.gif

In the last 5 years Kentucky's record is 153-34. Syracuse is 103-70.

I wonder why some people are not happy with JB.

In the last 5 years Kentucky's record is 153-34. Syracuse is 103-70.

I wonder why some people are not happy with JB.

check out the Kentucky board and you will see the same type of internet experts complaining about Cal as you see here. The themes are he under performs, lacks any in game coaching and runs absolutely no offense. Cal can recruit but can't coach.

By the way in that five year period you mention we have the same number of finals fours and the same number of championships as Kentucky. Really remarkable when you consider they have top 1 or 2 recruiting classes each year and 7 to 8 five stars on the roster each year.

Cuse

check out the Kentucky board and you will see the same type of internet experts complaining about Cal as you see here. The themes are he under performs, lacks any in game coaching and runs absolutely no offense. Cal can recruit but can't coach.

By the way in that five year period you mention we have the same number of finals fours and the same number of championships as Kentucky. Really remarkable when you consider they have top 1 or 2 recruiting classes each year and 7 to 8 five stars on the roster each year.

Cuse

Yeah it really is remarkable winning 80% of your games over 5 years. Maybe JB should try and recruit those five star players so when he underachieves it results in Elite 8s instead of missed tournaments.

Cuse
Boom!

I love that a UK just lost while 25 point favorite thread has turned into a we should get rid of JB thread. Can’t make this stuff up.

Yeah that's what happens when people try and equate 1 loss to 5 years of ineptitude.

Yeah that's what happens when people try and equate 1 loss to 5 years of ineptitude.

Analogies aside, Cal has 30 former players who are actively on a roster in the NBA. Yet he has 1 title to show for it. Duke is second with around 22 and it drops off quite a bit after that. He can rack up all those regular season wins and talk to the final fours but at the end of the day his stock drops every year he continues to bring in a top 3 class and fail to hoist another title for UK.

JB and Cal are two different conversations. Yet to act like life is all peachy in BBN is naive given the lofty expectations that come with having all that talent every single year.

Let me add that Cal is not going anywhere. That said the results have been below expectations. Cal's predecessors were not able to recruit worth a damn ( post Pitino anyways). Losses like tonight will add another small bit of doubt and frustration whether warranted or not.

so if I am getting this right, people are somehow twisting Kentucky's apparent shortcomings relative to their perceived recruiting as a way to justify that we suck? buddy is our second best player, wake up people.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom