Even UAB | Syracusefan.com

Even UAB

Chip

Creature of Bad Habits
Has a higher % of their crowd sitting between the 30s than we do.

UAB.jpg

Yeah but nobody sitting in the Tops family zone

wow, that is pathetic. that stadium is 3% full.

wow, that is pathetic. that stadium is 3% full.

Who are the tools sitting corner end zone when any seat is available just about?

Who are the tools sitting corner end zone when any seat is available just about?
why the hell does UAB have a stadium that big? its like a magnum for a pencil.

why the hell does UAB have a stadium that big? its like a magnum for a pencil.

That stadium hosted the Iron Bowl every year until something like 1993. But the upper deck is barely safe by fire code. Collapse risk.

I kinda feel bad about ruining Tulane's "most pathetic attendance" contest with UAB.

Yeah ... if anybody actually thinks a UCF, Houston or another C-USA team will decline BEC offer just show em this picture.

Has a higher % of their crowd sitting between the 30s than we do.

View attachment 116
always though legion field was odd. never really had any tenant. was like a stadium they built hoping someone would use it. iron bowl, joe cribbs usfl games

now it's just depressing

The Big East is 5-0 in BBVA Compass Bowl games held there.

I hope the Orange don't play there this year... though it's better than not playing in a bowl game at all.

Of the available bowl games:
#1: BCS (likely Orange Bowl this year) [Jan 4, 8:30, ESPN]
#2: Champs [Dec 29, 5:30, ESPN]
#3: Belk [Dec 27, 8:00, ESPN]
#4: Pinstripe [Dec 30, 3:20, ESPN]
#5: Compass (or Liberty) [Jan 7, 1:00, ESPN]
#6: Beef O' Brady's [Dec 20, 8:00, ESPN]

Champs or Belk would be nice. I'm sure many here wouldn't mind a Yankee Stadium repeat performance.

Ushers probably giving them a hard time when they tried to move. Let me see your ticket!

always though legion field was odd. never really had any tenant. was like a stadium they built hoping someone would use it. iron bowl, joe cribbs usfl games

now it's just depressing

Like the Citrus Bowl and the Cotton Bowl. Which explains why these stadiums have gone to crap. No one really cares about them, they just show up once a year.

That stadium hosted the Iron Bowl every year until something like 1993. But the upper deck is barely safe by fire code. Collapse risk.

I believe the upper deck was demolished 5 years ago. From what I've read UAB has topped 40,000 at Legion Field only once in their history. They are supposed to be moving forward with a 30,000 seat on campus stadium, which should be more than sufficient for a team that rarely draws more than 20,000 fans.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom