every stat is pretty equal | Syracusefan.com

every stat is pretty equal

amazing that most stats were relatively equal, aside from fouls/FTs, given our "bad defensive players, out of position, weak, hacking, and slow".

amazing that most stats were relatively equal, aside from fouls/FTs, given our "bad defensive players, out of position, weak, hacking, and slow".
If You watched the game, tell us which of those five items was untrue.

except 10 more fouls and 20 more fts
I did not think the game was particularly well officiated... but you can't really make the case that "every stat is pretty equal" when we got out-rebounded 41 to 29, including 14 to 5 on the offensive glass. Our inability to rebound the basketball was as important a factor as any in the defeat.

Maybe not so amazing.
The game was pretty even outside of the final 4 minutes or so of first half.
That's when the Orange got outscored 14-2...and that was it.

And it basically started after Marek went to the bench with his third foul for that questionable moving pick.
In other words...with Marek on the floor it was a tight game.

Maybe not so amazing.

And it basically started after Marek went to the bench with his third foul for that questionable moving pick.

You said it - the turning point was a questionable call. And it had nothing to do with our poor defense.

what are we allowed to discuss here? please let us know.
Autocorrect made complaining into comparing. Regardless, blaming refs for a loss is so bush league. I stopped that when I realized no fan could ever judge the refereeing in a game objectively.

There were several times in the first half that I thought MD was fouled going to the basket. One time the defender clearly brought his arm across Merek's as he was raising it to shoot. He made the shot but it should have been an "and 1",

Autocorrect made complaining into comparing. Regardless, blaming refs for a loss is so bush league. I stopped that when I realized no fan could ever judge the refereeing in a game objectively.
My brother - a Grown alum - texted me at the half and said that the calls were lopsided in Gtown's favor. He particularly enjoyed the over the back and traveling calls.

61 fg attempts to 62. 22 more ft's is 11 more possessions. 10 more possessions.
And most came from rebounjds 41-29

My brother - a Grown alum - texted me at the half and said that the calls were lopsided in Gtown's favor. He particularly enjoyed the over the back and traveling calls.
That's nice and all. I think there was some bad calls that didn't go our way. But if you think this had any effect on us winning or losing you are fooling yourself. Buddy getting hot was the only reason it was not a 20 pt game. Refs are the least of our problems right now.

Last edited:
What you seem unable or unwilling to comprehend is that our poor defense and poor, one-sided officiating can be mutually exclusive. Today was a prime example.
You quoted my statement from a different thread, as if you had issue with it, and now you’re moving the goalposts because you can’t actually Dispute it. I’ll ignore that you don’t understand what I’ve written, and need to put words in my mouth to bolster your kvetching. I’ll make it simpler for you: refs miss calls. On both sides. Refs see contact differently, based on the scheme and context in which it occurs. Our players’ skills and our D schemes are naturally going to lead to some level of disparity. Deal with it. That’s the price you pay, and b1tching about it to make yourself feel better is a losing proposition. “We woulda won if not for the crooked refs!” Okay. Run with that.

Our passing lanes were devoured.
Need Guerrier and Dolezaj with one up top on the same side together for a few minutes when that's happening. Preferably guerrier for his physicality.
We have edwards to compensate for the foul trouble.

Fairly obvious other than FTs that we were better. Rough to watch

Maybe not so amazing.

Exactly. Even if the moving screen against Dolejay was bad, GT went on an 11-0 run and 14-2 as you mentioned to close out the half. The refs had nothing to do with our offense being anemic in that stretch, missing shots, sloppy possessions, etc., unless one wants to argue your precise point. Which is, once MD picked up his 3rd foul, we did a miserable job adjusting there in that moment of the half’s end.

That's nice and all. I think there was some bad calls that didn't go our way. But if you think this had any effect on us winning or losing you are going yourself. Buddy getting hot was the only reason it was not a 20 pt game. Refs are the least of our problems right now.
Saying things like “ Buddy getting hot was the only reason blah,blah,blah shows that you don’t understand the game. How about Buddy being a no show in first half is the only reason we’re not up double digits. PS. The refs played a major role in this one.

learn the game.

if only the middle of the road big east team only had 7 scholarship players and would play a walk on for 10 mins of the game against our Hall of game coach and ACC roster it, would help balance out the poor officiating... wait Dough!!!

There were two things that stood out to be while watching the game, fouls (and subsequent points from the line differential), and offensive boards. This was a very physical game, but the foul called were very one sided. As far as rebounds, we stayed with them fairly well on the defensive end, but got killed on offensive boards!

You quoted my statement from a different thread, as if you had issue with it, and now you’re moving the goalposts because you can’t actually Dispute it. I’ll ignore that you don’t understand what I’ve written, and need to put words in my mouth to bolster your kvetching. I’ll make it simpler for you: refs miss calls. On both sides. Refs see contact differently, based on the scheme and context in which it occurs. Our players’ skills and our D schemes are naturally going to lead to some level of disparity. Deal with it. That’s the price you pay, and b1tching about it to make yourself feel better is a losing proposition. “We woulda won if not for the crooked refs!” Okay. Run with that.

Your whole premises consisted of moving the goalposts. You replied to a post in which the poster commented on the poor officiating in today's game. Rather than addressing the substance of post to which you responded, you turned it into some crazed rant about conspiracy theorists.

That's nice and all. I think there was some bad calls that didn't go our way. But if you think this had any effect on us winning or losing you are going yourself. Buddy getting hot was the only reason it was not a 20 pt game. Refs are the least of our problems right now.

Ok. That's nice and all, but you're wrong.

Not sure what your last sentence had to do with the officiating in today's game, but carry on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom