Everyone needs to take a second... | Syracusefan.com

Everyone needs to take a second...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUOrangeSU

All Conference
Yes this L sucks especially the opponent but they had to shoot 50%+ to beat us. They miss a couple of those, the game has changed.

LOVED the Marek at C lineup. The D suffers no doubt but that lineup is deadly.

Get well Frank.

Hughes and Battle are going to be deadly this year

I’m mostly disappointed that our two best players from last year so far don’t look like they’ve improved at all.

Figured Brissett at least would take a solid jump. So far, he looks exactly the same.

we are not a great shooting team.

uconn shot beyond NBA 3s and made them.

if they shoot 40% from 3 we win,

if we make layups we win

carey put us in a hole early and uconn got energy off that

we played better in most parts of the game other than shooting 3s

if howard is playing we dont go down early, we came back once from it and almost did it 2-3 more times

we broke 70

by games end Battle was finally playing, Carey scored 20+, Hughes is going be solid

need just a bit more from the centers

would not be surprised if we lost again tomorrow

we dug a hole and uconn made the 3s to stay on top. not every team is going to shoot 50% from 3.

Was surprised how bad Sid and Chewy looked inside. Pisses me off to lose to uconn, but this is probably the biggest game for them all year. We'll get better. Just sucks to struggle early again.

20 turnovers is why it was a good game not a bad one.. the D also had about 6-7 others that deflected back to them

just because they shot Curry crazy is not because we didnt play ok

20 turnovers is why it was a good game not a bad one.. the D also had about 6-7 others that deflected back to them

just because they shot Curry crazy is not because we didnt play ok
dunno man - when our 2 best players both lay eggs and our shooting % is ?? - not exactly "play ok"

I am more pissed we haven’t been able to recruit a big who could post and score since Rick Jackson in 2011.
I mean how can we go from 2012- till now and not have a big who can post.
That is so frustrating. Watch the best teams in college.

shooting and playing are totally independent things.. much like missing 10 layups didnt help either.

Was surprised how bad Sid and Chewy looked inside. Pisses me off to lose to uconn, but this is probably the biggest game for them all year. We'll get better. Just sucks to struggle early again.
Sure dis them because we are so better than them.

Gotta come ready to play, but it's a good sign that we almost pulled out the win without a PG on the court the whole game. The most concerning thing to me was the lack of energy and leadership. That has to change, hopefully with Frank.

Thought Carey played well considering what he was up against. UConn's guards, as we knew, are no joke. I actually think he should have more aggressively looked for his own shot from the get go. That will come with experience.

Battle was meh. Brissett was bad.

Liked the 'small' lineup with Marek.

Idk, that's all I've got. UConn had to drop a Herculean 3-point performance to beat our C- game. I'm okay with that.

Got to hope it’s a blessing in disguise. Really think getting frank back could make a bigger difference then most people think. Carey as a 6th man could be scary and MD needs more minutes at C

I am more pissed we haven’t been able to recruit a big who could post and score since Rick Jackson in 2011.
I mean how can we go from 2012- till now and not have a big who can post.
That is so frustrating. Watch the best teams in college.

Rak?

OK...I have taken a second and I am still upset. Where was the experienced Sweet 16 team tonight? Yes we missed Frank but I think Carey picked up his slack, though may have hurt us a bit on defense. On the other hand what happened to Brissett and Battle and even Chukwu. We got "out everythinged" (not a real word) tonight. It will be very interesting to see what team shows up tomorrow AFTERNOON.

Our bench scored 4 points tonight and that includes a trey from Marek. So much for depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom