Everyone's favorite topic Uniforms | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Everyone's favorite topic Uniforms

I liked this old idea from TNIAAM
images

I don't get how Virginia does it right and we can't. New AD should go to Nike and say knock off this garbage. Give us our identity.

images

Why do people get so worked up about uniforms? I am fine with them and most players want the new and latest.

Because we have eyes?...

hi-res-154883365_crop_north.jpg

usatsi_7513411.jpg

Sure there are misses but people whine about numbers. More Steelers fans moan about the slanted numbers on the regular uniforms than the bumble bee look.

NC'cusefan said:
Why do people get so worked up about uniforms? I am fine with them and most players want the new and latest.

Watch out. There are some real uni crazies on this board.

"I don't even know who's playing"
"Dude, you're at the game or watching on TV - there's no way you don't know"

Truth is that it's probably more a proxy for when we were good. I think if we'd won the NC with last years look, it would become more acceptable.

Aside from the awful numbers.

NC'cusefan said:
Everyone is an art critic but very few can do better. BTW I have a masters degree in art and I like these grey unis.

I'm a graphic designer and illustrator and like them too.

People just love the look that the team had when they started to follow them. Nostalgia.

images
[/QUOTE]
I would love to go back to this look to too. The only problem is that there will be 3 teams in the conference with the same look. I will like to go back to the white numbers on blue jerseys. Also bring back the orange numbers on the white.

I'm a graphic designer and illustrator and like them too.

People just love the look that the team had when they started to follow them. Nostalgia.

Maybe some people. I love new uniforms, huge fan of all of Oregon's combos. I even like some of the wacky stuff Maryland has tried.

But our uniforms stink.

I'm not longing for 1992, but I'm longing for something better than what we have.

Everyone is an art critic but very few can do better. BTW I have a masters degree in art and I like these grey unis.

It shouldn't take a masters degree in art. That's how you end up with nonsense like lines on the numbers and sleeves at 44 degree angles plus tall numbers that look like the skyscrapers in Manhattan.

It's very simple. White jerseys with orange numbers in a normal font outlined in blue. Orange jerseys with white letters outlined in blue.

Scooch said:
Maybe some people. I love new uniforms, huge fan of all of Oregon's combos. I even like some of the wacky stuff Maryland has tried. But our uniforms stink. I'm not longing for 1992, but I'm longing for something better than what we have.

To each his own, I guess.

I don't love them, but I get so tired of the constant pining for McNabb era stuff.

OrangeJohn said:
It shouldn't take a masters degree in art. That's how you end up with nonsense like lines on the numbers and sleeves at 44 degree angles plus tall numbers that look like the skyscrapers in Manhattan. It's very simple. White jerseys with orange numbers in a normal font outlined in blue. Orange jerseys with white letters outlined in blue.

Yawn

I would love to go back to this look to too. The only problem is that there will be 3 teams in the conference with the same look. I will like to go back to the white numbers on blue jerseys. Also bring back the orange numbers on the white.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't bother me if other teams have the same look. I'd rather have this good look than our current bad look. When we play Clemson or Virginia one team wears white jerseys while the other wears orange jerseys. If they don't like it, let them be the ones that change to something ugly just to be different from us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom