Expect some beef | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Expect some beef

He wasn't listed in the PS article saying he was a "freshman" playmaker. I don't think any expects him to be a TE.

He wasn't listed in the PS article saying he was a "freshman" playmaker. I don't think any expects him to be a TE.
He's getting a shot at TE actually. I think he could do a decent job as a block first TE this year and if he bulks up be a tackle down the road.

Where's the beef???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beef.jpg

For years Nebraska made a living taking kids who were local kids under the radar many of which played 8 ball because the schools were so small. They brought these kids into the program and by year 3-4 they were exceptional lineman. Syracuse does not have that luxury because we are a private school but still bringing kids in with good upside and letting them mature in the program is a great way to build depth and talent. There are not many programs who can recruit the elite line talent to come in and start as true frosh. Alabama is one but most programs have to work with these kids over time. I like the approach of Jucos and HS kids that our staff has employed for the last 5 or so years. I think that the pickups this staff made late this year are going to pan out. I like both of our late pick ups and i think the kid from Chicago who is currently undersized at 250 is going to end up being a heck of a player for us. TE or Tackle he is going to be a very good player. I trust in this staff and i also trust in Perles. He has a very good reputation as a teacher and i believe he did well at NDSU paving the way for a few National championship runs. We are going to be fine on the oline.

For years Nebraska made a living taking kids who were local kids under the radar many of which played 8 ball because the schools were so small. They brought these kids into the program and by year 3-4 they were exceptional lineman.

Well... a lot of those guys were also pretty heavy in to steroids.

When I think of Meat, I think of this

all of these discussions on who is a legit recruit vs who is a B-Lister leaves me smiling. No lesser league than the NFL has players from all divisions of the NCAA on their active duty roster. There are always late bloomers and players from High School programs who go under recruited for a number of reasons. There is plenty of talent out there. The question is, can our staff identify these diamonds in the rough that with good coaching can prove to all league ACC? I believe the answer is yes; though only time will tell.

Agreed OZ and along those lines kids mature at different levels as well. Personally I don't label these kids A/B or whatever and if the staff believes that they should get an offer and feel that a kid can help this team win games, I'm 100% behind their evaluations being better than any recruiting $ervice or offer sheet.

Agreed OZ and along those lines kids mature at different levels as well. Personally I don't label these kids A/B or whatever and if the staff believes that they should get an offer and feel that a kid can help this team win games, I'm 100% behind their evaluations being better than any recruiting $ervice or offer sheet.
You act like they only offer players with their highest evaluations, they don't offer players they have no possibility of getting. There are alot of players they wish they could get but just can't so they don't offer. At times they sign players because they keep moving down their list to whomever will commit. Its not always SU's first player they wanted. All recruiting services do is compare offers from the schools themselves. They try to present themselves as evaluators but really are just uber fans who try to collect offer information and judge where they fall with who has offered them. Offers from TN, AL, ND, FL St means you're a 4/5, offers by Arkansas, BC, Pitt, NC, SU and MN mean your a 3/4, and offers from W. Mich, NW, Ball St, Bowling Green mean your a 1/2. It is what it is. Its the best window we can see into the world of college football recruiting. Faults and all. Its not perfection. You're right about there are lower rated kids who ultimately become all pros but statistically speaking its at a much lower rate than those who were rated 4/5 stars coming out of HS. If that was the case all those schools getting 2 star recruits would be winning National championships like NC State or Georgia Tech. There's a reason why the last 7 National Champions were SEC schools. Its because they consistantly recruit the best players in the nation and that is reflective in their talent, who offered them, and how many stars they ultimately received by recruiting services reflective of that talent and top offers. Its all in the numbers and talent and yes stars.

I still think it comes down to relationships and contacts with hs coaches. The under the radar kids are recommended by the high school coaches and are then evaluated either at camp or through video. Maybe they see something in a kid while they are watching someone they are recruiting. They just cannot see everyone or know everyone who is out there, despite the recruiting services.

Jon Burton was 3 on ESPN. Alex Hayes was 3 on ESPN/247. John Miller had 3 from /ESPN. Kendall Moore had 3 from everyone. Jason Emerich got 3 from Scout/ESPN/247.

We landed Tiller over Miami, Trudo over Michigan and West Virginia, Hickey over BC and Illinois, and Hay over Az State. Pugh had no other offers.

You act like they only offer players with their highest evaluations, they don't offer players they have no possibility of getting. There are alot of players they wish they could get but just can't so they don't offer. At times they sign players because they keep moving down their list to whomever will commit. Its not always SU's first player they wanted. All recruiting services do is compare offers from the schools themselves. They try to present themselves as evaluators but really are just uber fans who try to collect offer information and judge where they fall with who has offered them. Offers from TN, AL, ND, FL St means you're a 4/5, offers by Arkansas, BC, Pitt, NC, SU and MN mean your a 3/4, and offers from W. Mich, NW, Ball St, Bowling Green mean your a 1/2. It is what it is. Its the best window we can see into the world of college football recruiting. Faults and all. Its not perfection. You're right about there are lower rated kids who ultimately become all pros but statistically speaking its at a much lower rate than those who were rated 4/5 stars coming out of HS. If that was the case all those schools getting 2 star recruits would be winning National championships like NC State or Georgia Tech. There's a reason why the last 7 National Champions were SEC schools. Its because they consistantly recruit the best players in the nation and that is reflective in their talent, who offered them, and how many stars they ultimately received by recruiting services reflective of that talent and top offers. Its all in the numbers and talent and yes stars.[/quote

I get your point, however; in order for HCSS and staff to upgrade our talent level they must be good at identifying under-recruited players who will help our program to 1st be competitive in the ACC and then in the nation.
Syracuse will never have the resources to compete against the large flagship state universities of the SEC for the 4 stars; we will win some af these battles but most not. If we pack the Dome it's 49000; when Florida packs the swamp its 80,000 +'
Our program will succeed if we are able to recruit and develop the under-recruited and win with them. That is our way back to ACC and national competitiveness.
Coach Mac was able to pull that off. Now let's hope that HCSS and staff are able to do the same.

You act like they only offer players with their highest evaluations, they don't offer players they have no possibility of getting. There are alot of players they wish they could get but just can't so they don't offer. At times they sign players because they keep moving down their list to whomever will commit. Its not always SU's first player they wanted. All recruiting services do is compare offers from the schools themselves. They try to present themselves as evaluators but really are just uber fans who try to collect offer information and judge where they fall with who has offered them. Offers from TN, AL, ND, FL St means you're a 4/5, offers by Arkansas, BC, Pitt, NC, SU and MN mean your a 3/4, and offers from W. Mich, NW, Ball St, Bowling Green mean your a 1/2. It is what it is. Its the best window we can see into the world of college football recruiting. Faults and all. Its not perfection. You're right about there are lower rated kids who ultimately become all pros but statistically speaking its at a much lower rate than those who were rated 4/5 stars coming out of HS. If that was the case all those schools getting 2 star recruits would be winning National championships like NC State or Georgia Tech. There's a reason why the last 7 National Champions were SEC schools. Its because they consistantly recruit the best players in the nation and that is reflective in their talent, who offered them, and how many stars they ultimately received by recruiting services reflective of that talent and top offers. Its all in the numbers and talent and yes stars.

Part of the evaluation is who they can and can't offer. I never wrote anything about lower stars, just that I trust the staffs evaluations.

Didn't yet, but he isn't gonna commit to the Cuse unless two other schools get Huge pickups in the next few weeks
Who do you see him going to?

RU or Maryland, Kentucky also in the mix

source? because there has been nothing from applefield that i've seen anywhere since his last unofficial visit.

notice is his loose response to mine he didn't throw that centers name into the mix, plus a friend of mine mentioned that kids name the other day as a possible.

your right about Kadeem as seems to be under the radar on this board...thought about him earlier as steely came out with his post as we are his only BCS offer it seems.

Jaime Herr might be another from jersey
Herr committed to West Virginia recently

Any news on big ugly recruiting?

We need at least 2 OL recruits.
Wayne Williams would be great news for DL
Need at least 1 more DE

OP promised news by end of August! Any news would be welcome.

Any news on big ugly recruiting?

We need at least 2 OL recruits.
Wayne Williams would be great news for DL
Need at least 1 more DE

OP promised news by end of August! Any news would be welcome.
I must admit, I totally whiffed on one of the guys. I thought we would have a DL by now but I think he will end up at ASA, not 100 percent sure. I will update when I have more time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom