Extend Dino | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Extend Dino

Portal doesn't become open for FBS players until 12/5.
I know there is nothing official but if our kids are being contacted, I’m sure others are being contacted about coming here.

For recruiting, I’m okay with an extension. It has to be a no buy-out, performance based contract. ( Low base, bonuses for wins, etc. Ok with including grade rate bonuses.)
JW can point to injuries and depth issues catching up with the team, the performance when healthy, and the first year coordinator on offense.

I think I'd want to see Dino and staff deliver a 2018 type season before any extension talk. The schedule lightens up next year but the roster has some holes that should be focused on, in particular OL/WR/QB (?) and maybe DL. Not to mention improve upon the usual concerns about game management, discipline, etc.

I like that ADJW seems focused on improving facilities/areas that can help recruiting, so whoever the coach is in 3 years has more to sell than what Marrone/Shafer/early Dino had.

Last edited:
Our staff has to be at the State Championship in South Carolina showing some love to LaNorris and seeing if any of his WRs and Oline want to head north. For those of you who do not operate on the recruiting side of the board LaNorris Sellers is a beast duel threat QB we have signing in December who is getting some national love and has led his team to State Finals. The guy is a running/throwing nightmare for opposing Defensive Coordinators.

Our staff has to be at the State Championship in South Carolina showing some love to LaNorris and seeing if any of his WRs and Oline want to head north. For those of you who do not operate on the recruiting side of the board LaNorris Sellers is a beast duel threat QB we have signing in December who is getting some national love and has led his team to State Finals. The guy is a running/throwing nightmare for opposing Defensive Coordinators.
He better be told that once he has the playbook down (we have one now, right?) he is even in the QB competition.

Georgia sniffing him from what's been open source information

South Carolina is as well

Winning seasons this century
2000 6-5
2001 10-3
2003 / 2004 were 6-6, so not over .500
2010 8-5
2012 8-5
2013 7-6
2018 10-3
2022 7-5, so far

2023 is hopefully another winning season.

7/22 is ROOOUGH
For the 1st 14 years, we were .500, or better half the time. For the last 7 years, we did that twice.

They arent losing Oronde.

We need an indoor waterfall and a lazy river that wraps around the Lally Complex flowing with therapeutic Epsom salts and mineral water. Oh, and free tube toys in all the fun animal shapes (dolphins, cheetahs, wooly mammoths, etc).

For the 1st 14 years, we were .500, or better half the time. For the last 7 years, we did that twice.
Keep in mind PP kept this program top 25 status through out the 90's and it went down hill after 2001. Those 03 and 04 6-6 seasons were dreadful to fans. It felt like we went 4-8.

Do not extend Dino. If his current contract runs through 2024, he must prove himself in 2023 to earn an extension. We've seen over 7 years, he has cost the team multiple wins (and winning records) and the product is not that solid. His teams get worse over the course of the season, not better. He's had 7 going on 8 years, and the result is too much like the first half of the BC game last night, which is, unacceptable. Look around what Duke and GaTech have done with new or interim coaches.

Not convinced yet? SU is the most penalized team in college football in 2022. We are #131 !

College FB Team Penalties per Game

I want White to be the next coach as soon as next year. The D pitched a shutout late into the 3rd Quarter yesterday. I'm scared he'll leave.

I don't see any reason for us to not be very good next year if we add at some spots we are thin at. I still expect the season to be flushed down the drain 7 or 8 games in when Shrader tries to play on a high ankle sprain or with a injured throwing shoulder but we'll see how it goes.

We should go 4-0 OOC Purdue won't be good without their star QB and WR. That should get us ranked and playing for everything.

That's likely to happen when you start 6-0. Let's just not talk about the next 5.

Wh
Do not extend Dino. If his current contract runs through 2024, he must prove himself in 2023 to earn an extension. We've seen over 7 years, he has cost the team multiple wins (and winning records) and the product is not that solid. His teams get worse over the course of the season, not better. He's had 7 going on 8 years, and the result is too much like the first half of the BC game last night, which is, unacceptable. Look around what Duke and GaTech have done with new or interim coaches.

Not convinced yet? SU is the most penalized team in college football in 2022. We are #131 !

Whats new with that? 3 years we were top 5 in penalties. Its what we do. We lead in lack of discipline. Twice we weren't in the top 30 most penalized. Our best year, 70 teams were less penalized. Game altering constant penalties is what we do.. Thats Syracuse Football.

Last edited:

I prefer to think of it as we are #1

Yup and you have to factor in the condition shafer left it in when he was fired.
Are you kidding? Shafer left Dungey, Phillips, Neal, Adams, Slayton, Robinson, Roberts and Pickard to name some.

Shafer left behind a lot of players that made 2018 possible.

Despite everything thats been said

Despite everything I specifically have said

Do we extend him after a bowl win vs a good p5 team?

….

I say yes

Are you kidding? Shafer left Dungey, Phillips, Neal, Adams, Slayton, Robinson, Roberts and Pickard to name some.

Shafer left behind a lot of players that made 2018 possible.
Im a big fan of Shafer as a person. He couldnt win with them so why does it matter what players were there ? There was no winning product or culture. The program went down after Marrone players sprinkled out.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom