Class of 2014 - Extra Scholarship for 2014? | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Extra Scholarship for 2014?

tep624

Living Legend
Looks like Malcolm Howard didn't make it - not listed on the roster on SUA or in the student directory.

Looks like Malcolm Howard didn't make it - not listed on the roster on SUA or in the student directory.

Also mentioned in this afternoon's chat that he is not part of the team.

It's an extra Class of 2013 scholarship, since only 23 of them are currently accounted for. It can be used by anyone who enrolls in Jan 2014 (maybe Cooper?). I'm assuming that WW gets the other leftover if he gets here in January.

If everyone returns after the season, we'll have 20 openings. But there will probably be more.

It's an extra Class of 2013 scholarship, since only 23 of them are currently accounted for. It can be used by anyone who enrolls in Jan 2014 (maybe Cooper?). I'm assuming that WW gets the other leftover if he gets here in January.

If everyone returns after the season, we'll have 20 openings. But there will probably be more.

We have 3 to use towards the 2013 class - WW, Cooper, and now Howard. I'm assuming Cooper and WW will get here in January at the latest and account for those, so there's one more now that someone who is part of the 2014 class can use if they early enroll.

Perhaps the staff awards it to a senior walk on as gratuity?

We have 3 to use towards the 2013 class - WW, Cooper, and now Howard. I'm assuming Cooper and WW will get here in January at the latest and account for those, so there's one more now that someone who is part of the 2014 class can use if they early enroll.

I thought AJ tweeted that he was planning on enrolling in Jan? I know Franklin said he wanted to experience HS ball etc.

Cooper had been bumped to 2014 when McGloster was brought in at the last minute.

He's a RS Junior.

I don't think walk-ons get a RS year. They're usually 4 and done since they're paying their own way.

The following are listed as Seniors (and I believe that since Shafer took over, they really are Seniors):

Joe Nassib
Clay Cleveland
Greg Tobias
Zach McCarroll
Eric Morris
Femi Aliyu
Lucas Albrecht
Daniel Anyaegbunam

If we're at 81 schollies, Shafer can pick 4 winners, although he's only got 2 slots left in this class.

It's a shame that he can't give all 8 kids 1/2 a scholarship.

cc Another Timbers ?? Waa happened?

Perhaps the staff awards it to a senior walk on as gratuity?
That's a nice thought, but if we aren't up to the max size in next year's class, we may have a more critical use for it. Unless there's some way to double-dip with it that I'm not thinking of.

Cooper had been bumped to 2014 when McGloster was brought in at the last minute.

I thought we were at 24 for 2013 when McGloster committed, making 25. I might be wrong but I thought we had a scholly to give before the staff found out CC wasn't qualifying.

I thought we were at 24 for 2013 when McGloster committed, making 25. I might be wrong but I thought we had a scholly to give before the staff found out CC wasn't qualifying.

1 Luke Arciniega
2 Wayne Williams
3 Josh Kirkland
4 John Miller
5 Jonathan Burton
6 Tyler Provo
7 Austin Wilson
8 Marqez Hodge
9 Isaiah Johnson
10 Trevon Trejo
11 Darius Kelly
12 Corey Winfield
13 Alex Hayes
14 Chauncey Scissum
15 Mitch Kimble
16 Corey Cooper
17 PJ Batten
18 Brisly Estime
19 Kendall Moore
20 Malcolm Howard
21 Alryk Perry
22 Tyler Marona
23 Drew Allen
24 Michael Lasker
25 Sean Avant

When Cooper didn't qual, it freed up room for McGloster. Now that WW isn't enrolling and Howard is MIA, there's room for 2 more.

1 Luke Arciniega
2 Wayne Williams
3 Josh Kirkland
4 John Miller
5 Jonathan Burton
6 Tyler Provo
7 Austin Wilson
8 Marqez Hodge
9 Isaiah Johnson
10 Trevon Trejo
11 Darius Kelly
12 Corey Winfield
13 Alex Hayes
14 Chauncey Scissum
15 Mitch Kimble
16 Corey Cooper
17 PJ Batten
18 Brisly Estime
19 Kendall Moore
20 Malcolm Howard
21 Alryk Perry
22 Tyler Marona
23 Drew Allen
24 Michael Lasker
25 Sean Avant

When Cooper didn't qual, it freed up room for McGloster. Now that WW isn't enrolling and Howard is MIA, there's room for 2 more.
# 1,3, 4, & 5 all reported in Jan can't they be moved to the 2012 class?

Do Barnwell, Hillard and Barrett count even though they never made it?

Do Barnwell, Hillard and Barrett count even though they never made it?

I never counted Barnwell and Hillard because then never showed up.

Unfortunately, Barrett practiced with the team for almost a week before leaving. He counts.

wasn't Timber before the Mayflower
Well I just "celebrate my birthday yesterday and according to my diary when the Mayflower Timbers jumped ship on the way and was never heard from again. He was last seen in the company of some natives from a nearby island and they were seen to be throwing salt and pepper on Timbers and a bag of potatoes that Timbers was carrying.What appeared to be a large kettle was seen on a fire and there were steps adjacent to the kettle allowing for easy accessTimbers was led up the steps induced by a contract from the NFL held just out of his reach. He settled into the hot tub and allowed the potatoes to freely float around with him along with e other veggies being thrown into the tub with them. The natives were then seen to be joyously celebrating their new friend by dancing around the kettle with their family holding some sort of plates.We continued our journey north ward to a destination that eventually took us to some land that showed promise. We landed an from that point forward our future generations thought themselves special. They eventually became known as the "Tea Party"and promoted themselves with some Fox.That diary is out for publication.:crazy:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom