Class of 2020 - F Jyare Davis (DE) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/15/24) | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 F Jyare Davis (DE) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/15/24)

I think his floor is better forward depth than we've enjoyed the last few seasons.

I'm excited about him. If Freeman works out and Davis is coming off the bench, Red will have the ability to insert him into some very favorable match ups. I think he will be a guy who comes off the bench and makes a real difference most games.

I think his floor is better forward depth than we've enjoyed the last few seasons.
I agree, Davis has a high floor and a fairly low ceiling. But he can definitely help the team!

True.

But he was that caliber of recruit. This isn't just some random mid-major guy trying to play up.
Yes, he’s our highest rated recruit from the transfer portal this year - higher than Lampkin, Carlos and all our outgoing players into the transfer portal other than MaliQ. (Who ironically was our lowest rated recruit in his large incoming class at SU 2 years ago.)

Yes, he’s our highest rated recruit from the transfer portal this year - higher than Lampkin, Carlos and all our outgoing players into the transfer portal other than MaliQ. (Who ironically was our lowest rated recruit in his large incoming class at SU 2 years ago.)

I expect all will outplay their portal ranking by a good margin this season.

For those keeping track here. Davis essentially fills the role we wanted Maliq to play next year. Solid backup 4…emergency 5.
I think it would be fun to put Davis in for Bell (when he needs a rest) against teams that play a three guard lineup, and watch them try to defend and rebound against Lampkin, Freeman and Davis.

I like him better than Maliq. He is a more rounded player. He has a handle and a shot. Maliq is a black hole on O.
I don't know that we agree on what a black hole looks like.

In fact, Maliq Brown was far more likely to pass than shoot. He sometimes gave up a good shot for himself in favor of passing.

Maybe you got him confused with another player that isn't coming back next year?

Last edited:
Don't engage with the bait Don't engage with the bait Don't engage with the bait Don't engage with the bait Don't engage with the bait Don't engage with the bait Don't engage with the bait Don't engage with the bait Don't engage with the bait Don't engage with the bait Don't engage with the bait Don't engage with the bait Don't engage with the bait Don't engage with the bait Don't engage with the bait Don't engage with the bait Don't engage with the bait Don't engage with the bait Don't engage with the bait Don't engage with the bait Don't engage with the bait Don't engage with the bait Don't engage with the bait

Don't engage with the bait Don't engage with the bait Don't engage with the bait Don't engage with the bait Don't engage with the bait Don't engage with the bait Don't engage with the bait Don't engage with the bait Don't engage with the bait Don't engage with the bait Don't engage with the bait Don't engage with the bait Don't engage with the bait Don't engage with the bait Don't engage with the bait Don't engage with the bait Don't engage with the bait Don't engage with the bait Don't engage with the bait Don't engage with the bait Don't engage with the bait Don't engage with the bait Don't engage with the bait
IMG_1273.gif

I would agree that Maliq was extremely limited on offense other than layups and dunks. Granted he had a few open threes but very few attempted overall. And essentially no post game or creativity to get a shot off on his own. Jayre much better handle and better offensive skills.

I would agree that Maliq was extremely limited on offense other than layups and dunks. Granted he had a few open threes but very few attempted overall. And essentially no post game or creativity to get a shot off on his own. Jayre much better handle and better offensive skills.
KCSU just gave up his burner account...nice try pal.

Maliq is one of the best passing big men we've ever had here.

Statistically? Top 15 for sure but run the numbers and we’ve had some 4s and 5s who passed it very well over the years.

I don't know that we agree on what a black hole looks like.

In fact, Maliq Brown was far more likely to pass than shoot. He sometimes gave up a good shot for himself in favor of passing.

Maybe you got him confused with another player that isn't coming back next year?
Maliq never put the ball on the floor. He didn't have a shot. He wasn't a threat on O to score if he was outside of 10 feet and because he didn't have a handle, he wasn't a threat to take it to the rack. I'm not confusing him with anyone else. He was and is a good defensive player and rebounder at the 4 spot. He did ok at the 5 for us until he had to play against physical players and then he was bullied. I like Maliq and wish that he had stayed but he was such a liability on O that we just couldn't afford to have him in a starting forward position next season.

Maliq never put the ball on the floor. He didn't have a shot. He wasn't a threat on O to score if he was outside of 10 feet and because he didn't have a handle, he wasn't a threat to take it to the rack. I'm not confusing him with anyone else. He was and is a good defensive player and rebounder at the 4 spot. He did ok at the 5 for us until he had to play against physical players and then he was bullied. I like Maliq and wish that he had stayed but he was such a liability on O that we just couldn't afford to have him in a starting forward position next season.
This is the dumbest thing I have ever read here.