Class of 2023 - F Sophie Burrows (Australia) Committed/Signed to Syracuse | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 F Sophie Burrows (Australia) Committed/Signed to Syracuse

llandz

Living Legend
SU WOmen committment.jpg

If you look up her name on Youtube there is about 5 games of highlights of her.

Thanks for fixing this and putting it in the right "recruit" place. I figured someone would do that.

We needed another forward for depth purposes. Looks Iike Sophie can really shoot. Pretty good rebounder and defender too. Her low and slow release is going to make it hard for her to get a lot of shots off but a good PG who can drive and dish should be able to get her some quality shots.

I bet her shot gets tweaked once she gets here.

We needed another forward for depth purposes. Looks Iike Sophie can really shoot. Pretty good rebounder and defender too. Her low and slow release is going to make it hard for her to get a lot of shots off but a good PG who can drive and dish should be able to get her some quality shots.

I bet her shot gets tweaked once she gets here.
The slow release is a coaching issue; she is only 17 and will grow even stronger under our coaching and our conditioning staff!

The slow release is a coaching issue; she is only 17 and will grow even stronger under our coaching and our conditioning staff!
Future Aussie NT.

SOPHIE BURROWS 2023 LOWER PLENTY, VICTORIA, AUSTRALIA
6' 1" FORWARD

Syracuse women's basketball has been successful recruiting Australian prospects in the past, and has dipped into the land down under once again for a talented recruit. Class of 2023 forward Sophie Burrows has committed to the Orange, a source confirmed to All Syracuse.

Burrows is a 6-1 forward who averaged 15.4 points, 6.6 rebounds, 1.9 steals and 1.4 steals per game for Diamond VE in 2022. She also shot 40.8% from three. Borrows has experience on the international stage playing for the Australian U18 team. In 13 minutes per game at the 2022 FIBA U18 Asian Championship, Burrows averaged 9.2 points, 4.2 rebounds and 1.4 steals per game in just 13 minutes. She also shot over 77% from the floor and 40% from beyond the arc.

Last edited:
That's why I've said, take as many Australian women basketball players as we can get.
They are good players, and they are brought up in good schools, so academically they should excell.
Exactly the CAB type of players our coach wants.
What about the language barrier? ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom