Fab Melo to miss Tournament | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Fab Melo to miss Tournament

Let's not start talking about fencing, the last thing we need is a report of stolen goods tied to the team.

(rimshot)

"Hey, we are still the best team in the country based on record!!! Don't forget that!! It doesnt matter what else happens." -Orangefan13

Rak will be eaten alive...He has no experience in a really big spot in college. I'm so pissed right now I can barely type. We are the laughing stock of college sports and for the most part rightfully so.

Yancy Gates ate RAK's lunch in NYC.

it.

Give MCW run.
Use all 4 guards
Press. Press. Press.

I know no one has any reason to believe me, but a lawyer friend of mine has connections inside the athletic dept. He was told the class was...fencing! It wasn't an issue of not showing up. It was an effort issue. Coaches tried to have the grade changed, but the teacher refused. Like I said you have no reason to believe me, but I'm pretty sure this is accurate.

That would be totally crazy. Just show up. Unreal.

I hate to say it, but there really does appear to be a total lack of institutional control at this point.

From the NCAA's point of view, this is a shining example of institutional control.

That would be totally crazy. Just show up. Unreal.
Wouldn't the academic issue have been cleared up by now? This has to be a failed drug test.

I know no one has any reason to believe me, but a lawyer friend of mine has connections inside the athletic dept. He was told the class was...fencing! It wasn't an issue of not showing up. It was an effort issue. Coaches tried to have the grade changed, but the teacher refused. Like I said you have no reason to believe me, but I'm pretty sure this is accurate.

Come on. That can't be. What was he doing qouting pricessbride non stop the whole time. "hello my name is Fab Melo, you flirted with my girlfriend on facebook. Prepare to die"

Wish I could share your optimism on Rak.

Right, Fab is our player - he is the focal point of the defense - did anyone see what Cooley did to Rak? treated him like he was an 8th grade girl

Wish I could share your optimism on Rak.

After quietly questioning all the insiders who spent the summer telling us that Christmas would start, I've been bullish on him since 1 November. Better touch and offensive footwork than Fab already, and a stronger rebounder, too.

Big negative will be his defensive positioning (and his inability to prevent opposing bigs from moving him around like a folding chair).

But we've actually seen this scenario before. Rakeem played great in what many felt was the game of our young season, at Cincinnati only 47 hours after our first loss. This time he's going to have a warm-up against a bunch of 6'5" guys. I think he's going to step up and play hard without looking over his shoulder.

And, should he struggle, Baye can't play any worse than he did for the second half of the year, right?

strong first post

at least now when/if we lose too early we can put an asterik next to it like when AO got hurt. We would have won but not for...DC's FT, Moten's TO, AO, back court, Fab, etc. etc. etc.

At least Fab was nice enough to get suspended earlier too so we know what it would be like without him.

The BB program tests before the ncaa to ensure there aren't any issues. the last thing you want is to win a game and then find out you did it with a kid who failed a drug test.

If this is a drug thing, say he took a hit somewhere this week, it is UNCONSCIONABLE that it could happen after that Yahoo article came out. How could anyone be THAT dumb?!!

It has to be weed or $$$. Has to be.

Oh I know he never will, because it makes too much sense. We are best in transition, we have a ton of athletes, and we have deficiencies in the post and on the glass, so pressing all game is too logical for a coach who never changes a thing.
Nice in theory but Rak and Keita would likely both be in foul trouble early and we'd have Southerland playing the 5 down the stretch.

If this is a drug thing, say he took a hit somewhere this week, it is UNCONSCIONABLE that it could happen after that Yahoo article came out. How could anyone be THAT dumb?!!

Yep, people don't seem to realize grades come out in April. Unless they screwed up and let him back too soon, its NOT GRADES!

Does anyone know if it is 100% confirmed for the entire tournament? I think we should still make the Sweet 16

takes 30 days to get weed out of your system......or so i am told

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom