Fab Melo to miss Tournament | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Fab Melo to miss Tournament

Gottlieb tweeted exactly my thoughts: time to press and press and press to cover our lack of any inside presence and rebounding.

Ha. That's hysterical. Not the idea itself, but the notion that JB would ever do that.

I just re-read the post on SUAthletics.

It does not specify the cause of his ineligibility.

Given the timing I would have to think that this is not academics related (grades aren't in for another month+).

Could be anything, really, so probably unwise to speculate at this point (and yes, I know I speculated in a previous post). Furthermore, it doesn't really matter what it is that he did.

"With all the things coming to the surface, can you imagine how many other things have gone on in Syracuse's basketball program that we don't even know about yet?"

Man, the national radio guys are having a field day..

I had planned on being super-productive these first 3 days of the week to make up for the time-off, guess that's out the windown. F******* ************* ***********

I am still going to go glass is half full:

- Rak becomes a Tourney Monster and becomes an SU legend like GMac
- The rest of the team pulls together and wins it all despite this latest blow...afterall with all the issues this team has, to be honest it's amazing they only loist two games!!
- This team, game in and game out, except for two games, has shown they can win just to spite those who think they can't win...

I'm with you. I think they're going to play hard and Rakeem is going to play well. Sullinger and Kansas State's bigs may give us trouble, but this isn't fatal. It significantly reduces our margin for error. It also lowers our potential ceiling (but I didn't see us reaching that ceiling, anyway). But we can still win six in a row.

"With all the things coming to the surface, can you imagine how many other things have gone on in Syracuse's basketball program that we don't even know about yet?"

Man, the national radio guys are having a field day..

We really look bad now. Fine, drugs, and now this - with the timing. We are quickly becoming "that team."

there has been a witch hunt out on JB since Bernie crap came up.

Ha. That's hysterical. Not the idea itself, but the notion that JB would ever do that.
Oh I know he never will, because it makes too much sense. We are best in transition, we have a ton of athletes, and we have deficiencies in the post and on the glass, so pressing all game is too logical for a coach who never changes a thing.

My couch pillows just took one hell of a beating.

I don't know what to make of this.

It's almost unfathomable.

Feel bad for the rest of the guys on the team...

I am still going to go glass is half full:

- Rak becomes a Tourney Monster and becomes an SU legend like GMac
- The rest of the team pulls together and wins it all despite this latest blow...afterall with all the issues this team has, to be honest it's amazing they only loist two games!!
- This team, game in and game out, except for two games, has shown they can win just to spite those who think they can't win...
I'll second that.

Win one game at a time and hope for lots of upsets elsewhere. You only need to beat 6 teams, not 67.

But I still want to break something right now.

I always wondered when I'd start one of these threads that would turn into a 15 page marathon. I was hoping it would be about Nerlens Noel committing.

I'm with you. I think they're going to play hard and Rakeem is going to play well. Sullinger and Kansas State's bigs may give us trouble, but this isn't fatal. It significantly reduces our margin for error. It also lowers our potential ceiling (but I didn't see us reaching that ceiling, anyway). But we can still win six in a row.

Wish I could share your optimism on Rak.

I know no one has any reason to believe me, but a lawyer friend of mine has connections inside the athletic dept. He was told the class was...fencing! It wasn't an issue of not showing up. It was an effort issue. Coaches tried to have the grade changed, but the teacher refused. Like I said you have no reason to believe me, but I'm pretty sure this is accurate.

Had just about enough of JB's laissez-faire attitude as a head coach. Doesn't matter how good you are between the lines if you can't control them outside the lines.

Totally agree. Discipline is sorely lacking on the Hill.

I know no one has any reason to believe me, but a lawyer friend of mine has connections inside the athletic dept. He was told the class was...fencing! It wasn't an issue of not showing up. It was an effort issue. Coaches tried to have the grade changed, but the teacher refused. Like I said you have no reason to believe me, but I'm pretty sure this is accurate.
Wat

I hate to say it, but there really does appear to be a total lack of institutional control at this point.

I could see it being fencing.

Fencing would make sense.

;)

I always wondered when I'd start one of these threads that would turn into a 15 page marathon. I was hoping it would be about Nerlens Noel committing.

I think we should petition the mods to remove all your likes for being the bearer of such news. Follow through on that Noel news, and you'd more than replace them. :)

Gottlieb tweeted exactly my thoughts: time to press and press and press to cover our lack of any inside presence and rebounding.

Yeah, but you know that any change Boeheim makes will be a more conservative one. Risk-taker he is not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom