Fan Fest: August 27 | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Fan Fest: August 27

Well they had two years to make Fan Fest exciting and they absolutely blew it. The players and coaching staff appeared to be going thru the motions since the AD made them hold this practice for the fans.

I have been coming to the Fan Fest for the past 30 years and this was the worst one by far. Totally disappointed by Dino.

Last edited:
I like Dino‘s personality and he seems to a be a class act but he has absolutely no clue in terms of generating any fan interest in the program. Especially coming off a 1-10 season.

I am sorry but this is a joke to have a kicking practice for Fan Fest.
so you think the 30K who came are upset?

Well they had two years to make Fan Fest exciting and they absolutely blew it. The players and coaching staff appeared to be going thru the motions since the AD made them hold this practice for the fans.

I have been coming to the Fan Feats for the past 30 years and this was the worst one by far. Totally disappointed by Dino.
I feel for you.

Crappy experiences like this matter, and imho, shorten the leash.

You can get away with it when you're in the Top 25 every year and bowls are assured.

When you're a losing team and you don't nail these things, it's a dumb look.

Get to 6, Dino. And I'm one of the people in your corner.

so you are saying the system has no ability to control the sound to be better when empty than being awful?
The number of speakers required to be heard with 30k in the Dome + the power each of them possesses + where they're positioned + concrete as the main material in the building means no

The number of speakers required to be heard with 30k in the Dome + the power each of them possesses means no
one would think you control the output to such fancy devices in a way that it would work for both. turn them all on or off or anything in between as needed. Guess that was in the fancy speaker package upgrade

how many people were at Lax compared to tonights crowd? comments then were the sound was pretty good?

one would think you control the output to such fancy devices in a way that it would work for both. turn them all on or off or anything in between as needed. Guess that was in the fancy speaker package upgrade

how many people were at Lax compared to tonights crowd? comments then were the sound was pretty good?
Concrete is the worst nightmare for soundwaves. Exposed metal isn't far behind.

I don't know much about the specifics of the Dome's sound system. I'm coming only with experience announcing and running a sound board to tell you there's only so much you can do, especially when you have such extremes of full and empty to work with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom