Fan Fest: August 27 | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Fan Fest: August 27

I wasn't even there and just followed the thread and I'm even let down.

All I needed to hear was that people saw the offense play against the defense the whole time. That's it. It was a low bar.

Instead we got to hear about punts.
we have a team destroyed by Injuries last year and expect them to put players out for a practice when depth is the issue everyone worries about.

I wonder how people here would coach this up.

He made it pretty clear in interviews the goal is to make it to next week as healthy as possible.

All I needed to hear was that people saw the offense play against the defense the whole time. That's it. It was a low bar.

Don’t forget about the other 40 minutes of kickoffs, field goals, and onside kicks.

Meh it’s a practice. Not sure why people expect so much. Maybe they should have called it one vs a fan fest. But this could have been an exciting scrimmage and it would have been the same people there. 20+ years of meh football does that. Greg Robinson was a lot more open and transparent and didn’t matter a bit.

we have a team destroyed by Injuries last year and expect them to put players out for a practice when depth is the issue everyone worries about.

I wonder how people here would coach this up.

He made it pretty clear in interviews the goal is to make it to next week as healthy as possible.
I remember how Dino used to walk into the Dome on gameday and glare at the empty seats.

After a season of no fans and a historically bad team he decides to give fans a riveting first exposure to...

Fan Fest for Punting Enthusiasts

:low pitched fart noise reverberates:

:high pitched fart noise:

so you are saying the system has no ability to control the sound to be better when empty than being awful?
With a system that robust, reflection will always be an issue in an empty dome. Way too many reflective surfaces. Fans blunt that to a great extent.

Did we learn anything other than Davis being done for the season?
I learned that people are obsessed with replica Dome tins. They must have told people to take what they want at some point. I saw families walking out with boxes of Dome tins. Cars full of tins.

It was comical.

Beyond that memory, The AC is awesome altho different. Roof seems underwhelming. I liked the look of the old bubble. Food corners seem to be about he same old food at about a 15% higher price. I think Nachos may have been 8.50 or 9.00. I got chicken tenders/fries and diet soda for about 17.00. Anyway, the scoreboard is awesome, the new banners and jerseys in rafters are great.

Im ready for some football no matter what but tonite didn't get me more excited. It was a pretty boring event. No big deal though. Got to spend time with my son.

Just win baby!!!

I'm pretty sure they are scrimmaging tmrw. The last one before game week. So would make sense to be light today
I have an idea. AD Mark Coyle scheduled a football scrimmage on the same date as Fan Fest. Why didn’t AD Wildhack tell Dino that he was having a scrimmage game for Fan Fest.

The problem I see is AD Wildhack came from the TV side of the business where AD Coyle and John Cunningham came from a football school (Boise State). AD Coyle knew how important football was to the Athletic Department (see link below).

AD Coyle started the Cuse Fan Council (which I was part of) and he saw the benefit of treating his football season ticket holders special by hosting a preseason BBQ for season ticket holders along with a scrimmage game (not a kicking 101 event).

John Cunningham was then promoted to AD at the University of Cincinnati and proceeded to hire the best marketing person SU has ever had (Anthony DiFino). AD Wildhack should have made Anthony an offer he could not refuse. It was a huge loss for the Athletic Department in my opinion.

Is This The Era of Doing The Little Things Right?

I remember how Dino used to walk into the Dome on gameday and glare at the empty seats.

After a season of no fans and a historically bad team he decides to give fans a riveting first exposure to...

Fan Fest for Punting Enthusiasts

:low pitched fart noise reverberates:

:high pitched fart noise:

I learned that people are obsessed with replica Dome tins. They must have told people to take what they want at some point. I saw families walking out with boxes of Dome tins. Cars full of tins.

Two years ago for Halloween, I filled up a tin with candy and left it on my front porch.

By the following morning, all the candy was gone, and someone left me a second tin.

:D

I have an idea. AD Mark Coyle scheduled a football scrimmage on the same date as Fan Fest. Why didn’t AD Wildhack tell Dino that he was having a scrimmage game for Fan Fest.

The problem I see is AD Wildhack came from the TV side of the business where AD Coyle and John Cunningham came from a football school (Boise State). AD Coyle knew how important football was to the Athletic Department (see link below).

AD Coyle started the Cuse Fan Council (which I was part of) and he saw the benefit of treating his football season ticket holders special by hosting a preseason BBQ for season ticket holders along with a scrimmage game (not a kicking 101 event).

John Cunningham was then promoted to AD at the University of Cincinnati and proceeded to hire the best marketing person SU has ever had (Anthony DiFino). AD Wildhack should have made Anthony an offer he could not refuse. It was a huge loss for the Athletic Department in my opinion.

Is This The Era of Doing The Little Things Right?

If this team is a bunch of mediocre generic guys going all out today won't sell an extra ticket.

If they're pretty ok and can get in bowl eligible world then today never happened.

That got deleted fast. What did it say?

Almost a duplicate of the other tweet with pictures.

This was the only pic that's missing:

1630115319304.png

Well they had two years to make Fan Fest exciting and they absolutely blew it. The players and coaching staff appeared to be going thru the motions since the AD made them hold this practice for the fans.

I have been coming to the Fan Fest for the past 30 years and this was the worst one by far. Totally disappointed by Dino.

I’m ok with losing the Fan Fest as long as we win next week.

I’d prefer our coach be focused on winning games.

I'm sure it's posted somewhere but I definitely missed it...what company installed the air conditioning?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom