Far from done with NCAA | Syracusefan.com

Far from done with NCAA

gilardino

Starter
I will go on record and say with confidence that this could drag out even more with NCAA. If Syracuse is not in agreement with the sanctions they can appeal. I know the rumors that people say it's a 1 year ban. I heard it's not. Bottom line far from over

I will go on record and say with confidence that this could drag out even more with NCAA. If Syracuse is not in agreement with the sanctions they can appeal. I know the rumors that people say it's a 1 year ban. I heard it's not. Bottom line far from over
I have heard from a very reliable source that Syracuse has in fact already appealed.

Not only appeal, but also contest legally.

And the NCAA has opened the door with their illegitimate investigation tactics and wildly inconsistent enforcement of rules.

I have heard from a very reliable source that Syracuse has in fact already appealed.

Did you hear any rumors on what the sanctions are? One year ban? Any details you can share?

Did you hear any rumors on what the sanctions are? One year ban? Any details you can share?
That information was not shared, the appeal was related to the basketball program. I didn't push it, I'll try to get more info next time

That would seem unusual as I don't think the time to appeal begins to run until the decision is announced publicly by the NCAA.

The appeal is pretty tough to win (meaning there has to have been an error - its not as though if you don't like the outcome you can appeal and get a different decision), so I don't think there is any incentive for Syracuse to move the process more quickly. If they have received a sanction that they intend to appeal I would expect them to move very deliberately.

If we get a ban of any sort ,unc should get the death penalty

Comparing from the standpoint of relative order of magnitude, I agree 100%.

That's why I'll be pissed if we get a ban.

They fought for no post season ban. If they get it they are going for blood. Attorneys will make their $$$$

Good for the University.

As I've stated in numerous threads, the NCAA has never been more vulnerable, nor has the legitimacy of their authority been perceived as being lower [due to their own actions]. Glad to hear that the University is going to challenge their hypocrisy and take them on.

If the unannounced sanctions are seen as onerous and/or out of line, one would think that our P5 conference would have our back if for no other reason than North Carolina.

If we get dinged scholarships/Probation while I will be angry that punishment wouldn't be punitive as long as the scholarships were less than 3 lost per year which wouldn't happen. A postseason ban would be punitive.

They fought for no post season ban. If they get it they are going for blood. Attorneys will make their $$$$
I can't imagine, given the vulnerable state of the NCAA, that they want a big name school from a P5 conference going to war with them..

are you saying you heard it was not a one year ban as in no ban or more than one year.

If we get dinged scholarships/Probation while I will be angry that punishment wouldn't be punitive as long as the scholarships were less than 3 lost per year which wouldn't happen. A postseason ban would be punitive.

How is losing 3 scholarships for next year not punitive?

Do you have our 4 incoming recruits draw straws, and the short straw gets to stay?

Do you tell Cooney and Gbinije not to let the door hit them in the ass on the way out?

Steelcage match between BJ, Buss and Chino?

Do you have our 4 incoming recruits draw straws, and the short straw gets to stay?

Do you tell Cooney and Gbinije not to let the door hit them in the ass on the way out?

he said less than 3 but there is no way that we get hit with 3 ships in one year.

The NCAA wouldn't start the penalties until after this year's class. Also since JB doesn't go beyond 10 deep we could survive with 10 scholarships if the NCAA did ding us 3 scholarships.

he said less than 3 but there is no way that we get hit with 3 ships in one year.

Face it, you want to see the steel cage match as much as the rest of us. :p

According to this article, the report is made public before the appeal.
http://www.syracuse.com/orangesport..._and_what_we_dont.html#incart_related_stories

I posted something yesterday on one of the other NCAA threads, taken from the U. Miami site, which details the NCAA investigation process. According to that, at the conclusion of the NCAA's investigation, they issue something called a "Notice of Violations", which does *not* have to be made public. After this is received, the school has a 90 day window to appeal. It sounds like from the reports we're getting that we're in that period now. Here's the relevant excerpt from the U. Miami site:

"At the conclusion of the investigative process for any NCAA case, the enforcement staff makes a determination of what, if any, NCAA bylaws and rules it believes have been broken by the institution, its staff or student-athletes or associated parties. If, in their determination, violations did occur, the NCAA staff issues a Notice of Allegations to the institution, detailing the bylaws alleged to have been violated and providing supporting evidence. The issuance of the Notice of Allegations is not announced publicly by the NCAA nor is it released by the NCAA. Member institutions may, at their own choosing, release parts of or all of the Notice of Allegations to the public.

I have been saying since October I think we are self-imposing a 3 scholarship reduction this year as we haven't heard about any walkons on scholarship this season. We have 10 scholarship athletes this season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom