Favorite vacation destination you've been to | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Favorite vacation destination you've been to

Look up the Elounda Mare...

Found it. Really good kicker at SU.

upload_2017-6-1_11-59-45.jpeg

Anagada and Virgin Gorda in the British Virgin Islands. Hawaii overrated, better waterfalls in Ithaca NY, Been to most European countries, certainly the history and architecture are grand but half dislike Americans enough to be noticeable and it only makes me appreciate this country all the more and want to get home.

And this is out of left field and makes no sense to many I'm sure, but I'd go to Disney every year if I could. Clean, safe, fun, great restaurants, always something different to do while still redoing stuff you love to do, the staff that goes out of their way consistently to take care of you, love the magic kindom.

I have been to Hawaii and the Bahamas, and they don't compare to the Cayman Islands. The best place on earth.

IMG_0864.JPG

Food on the French side is out of this world. We honeymooned there and, for cost reasons, stayed on the Dutch side. I want to go back and stay at La Samanna...
La Vie en Rose on French side.

Anagada and Virgin Gorda in the British Virgin Islands. Hawaii overrated, better waterfalls in Ithaca NY, Been to most European countries, certainly the history and architecture are grand but half dislike Americans enough to be noticeable and it only makes me appreciate this country all the more and want to get home.

And this is out of left field and makes no sense to many I'm sure, but I'd go to Disney every year if I could. Clean, safe, fun, great restaurants, always something different to do while still redoing stuff you love to do, the staff that goes out of their way consistently to take care of you, love the magic kindom.
I went to Disney with my family for 30 years straight and it reinforced the idea that if you can imagine it, you can create it. Disney created an amazing business from cartoonists' creativity, then used that success to set a standard for the kind of destination resort where people never left once they arrived. Disney created the parks, the constantly growing resort complex with themed hotels & restaurants, and a place for people to party all nite, all to attract people to come...and stay. They've done a lot of things right, starting with Walt Disney flying over central florida looking for a site for his grand project, then negotiating incredible deals with local & state politicians. For a guy who started as an artist, he certainly migrated to big time businessman pretty well...

Amsterdam. It feels like you're in some sort of utopia. All these attractive people riding around on bicycles along these quaint canals where you can more or less do whatever you want.

My wife and I have said that we want to rent an apartment there for like a month when we're a little older.

I absolutely love Buenos Aries. There is a better than 50% chance that I'll end up living there at some point in the next decade.

City is dirty as hell

The Tuscany region in Italy. Best food and wine in the world.

Venice

San Diego

We tried to pack too much to do in Kauai and ended up spending too much time in the car. It's so beautiful there though. I'd go back to do it right. We stayed up on the north shore and it was fantastic up there.

Yup. That is the issue with the first visit to Hawaii...it is far; it is expensive and, because of that, you want to make sure you see it all...second time back is much more relaxing...

North shore. Princeville?

We stayed at the Hyatt...

The Tuscany region in Italy. Best food and wine in the world.

Venice

San Diego

I lived in Florence when I was a kid. Love the place to death. And you might be right with Brunello (it is my favorite type of wine) But it is not even close to the best food in Italy (although, that is a really high bar as the food everywhere in Italy is terrific).

I have been to Hawaii and the Bahamas, and they don't compare to the Cayman Islands. The best place on earth.

Cayman Islands? Dash, I like you but there is no way you are helping me plan my next vacation...

It's nice there but doesn't even cross my mind to go back...

To each his own... :noidea::)

I lived in Florence when I was a kid. Love the place to death. And you might be right with Brunello (it is my favorite type of wine) But it is not even close to the best food in Italy (although, that is a really high bar as the food everywhere in Italy is terrific).
Any restaurant recs for Florence?

Any restaurant recs for Florence?

LOL...you would think, right?

I was in 6th and 7th grade when I lived there and , now, when I go back, I always eat at someone's house. I've actually been to very few restaurants in Florence.

Other Italian cities? Absolutely. Florence. Unfortunately, not really.

However, if you are going soon, I can contact friends and ask...

LOL...you would think, right?

I was in 6th and 7th grade when I lived there and , now, when I go back, I always eat at someone's house. I've actually been to very few restaurants in Florence.

Other Italian cities? Absolutely. Florence. Unfortunately, not really.

However, if you are going soon, I can contact friends and ask...
Thanks. Will be there end of September. You can also provide names of friends who will feed me. :)

I liked St Martin's, but I went as part of a Carnival Cruise, which basically made it the Olive Garden of vacations.

Another vote for Santorini, particularly the northern town of Io.