FB Schedule To Be Released At 3:00 | Syracusefan.com

FB Schedule To Be Released At 3:00

Bill Orange

Brett McMurphy@McMurphyESPN
ACC 2013 football schedule will be officially released today at 3 p.m. ET

and by 3:01 we will know if somebody shouldve been fired or not.

Oh Lord

How hasn't Gross or anybody in the AD sent a press release about the 12th opponent before the ACC announces the schedule? We better not see the dreaded TBA for one of Syracuse's dates I mean c'mon who is running the AD? and if 12th game doesn't count I would rather just play 11 games like Temple did this year and have an extra bye week to keep the players healthy.

I know I will be happy with 11 games. However, this last game should determine whether we have a new scheduler.

I know there is a lot of work that goes into these things, but they work should be done early and the scheduler should keep his finger on the pulse of what's going on, not for "just in case" situations but also situations where it is advantageous to schedule up or pick up an high profile opponent that would not otherwise be available.

It's going to take us a whole minute?
seriously, if wagner is on there and its not nova or someone else...i expect my joint announcement.

Oh Lord

seriously, if wagner is on there and its not nova or someone else...i expect my joint announcement.

Oh Lord

Unless they already have some kind of waiver up their sleeve for Wagner. That will take 1 minute to explain.

If they do have that waiver in writing, then job well done. If not, then job well replaced.

Hopefully we'll hear Villanova and no one has to worry.

my guess is back to back home games of TBA and Tulane. I can't wait. Atleast it will be full of people in orange when clemson comes to town.

How hasn't Gross or anybody in the AD sent a press release about the 12th opponent before the ACC announces the schedule? We better not see the dreaded TBA for one of Syracuse's dates I mean c'mon who is running the AD? and if 12th game doesn't count I would rather just play 11 games like Temple did this year and have an extra bye week to keep the players healthy.

I'd rather see a TBA than see Wagner.

and by 3:01 we will know if somebody shouldve been fired or not.

Oh Lord
The lust for blood seems strong. What is the general feeling here?

12th opponent/Herman Frazier Disposition

Wagner/death, with angry letter to the editor
away game with Hawaii/death (no letter to the editor)
Villanova/immediate firing
home and home with MAC school/quiet firing with resignation option
home and home with BCS school/grudging acceptance
home with BCS school (no away game)/firm handshake, invite to Syracusefan.com tailgate

home with BCS school (no away game)/firm handshake, invite to Syracusefan.com tailgate
im not sure if nova should be an immediete firing, but if pitt had to save our arse, then yeah...he should be pushed out by end of the month...;)

I have no problem with any of the last four options.

If the 12th game is a FCS that is a bowl eligible win, then he keeps his job.

If the 12th game is a home game against any FBS, then he keeps his job unless he gave up 2+ future away games as part of the deal.

If the 12th game is a FCS that is not a bowl eligible win, immediate firing, no severance.

If the 12th game is a road game, replace him, but I'd be open to a small severance if we get a Dome return game locked in.

If we can get Nova, no firing. But for seasons to come, Herm needs to get his azz in gear when it comes to scheduling FCS teams. It's just one per season, for the love of Boeheim. Shouldn't be that difficult.

If we can get Nova, no firing. But for seasons to come, Herm needs to get his azz in gear when it comes to scheduling FCS teams. It's just one per season, for the love of Boeheim. Shouldn't be that difficult.

You're right, it shouldn't be difficult, which is why there has to be more to it than him just being inept. ODU said they couldn't finalize negotiations with us, is Herm the one doing those negotiations? I would have to think Gross is involved if it's at the point where it didn't work out.

There's just something strange about this whole issue, has to be bigger things at play somewhere in this process.

If it's that he was asleep at the wheel for too long leading up to this, then fine, replace him. You just wonder if SU, above Herm, was trying to pull off something bigger.

Away game with no return game (Mizzou Part2), - We kill someone, JK, maybe.

Work day thrown off the countdown till 3pm all in my head.. One of best days of year besides actually Cuse football being played

Theres at least a half dozen or so 1AA schools right around us, Rhode Island, Maine, Stony Brook, Youngstown State, Delaware, etc etc. Jesus how hard is this just schedule the worst out of them and move the F on. With our luck Frazier probably got the preseason #1 1AA team.

Fingers crossed I can get a decent roadie scheduled today. (FSU or GTech?)