FBI arrests Assistant Basketball Coaches in Corruption Scheme | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

FBI arrests Assistant Basketball Coaches in Corruption Scheme

I've been posting this same sentiment. How does the CBB/CFB money trail not lead through Lexington and Tuscaloosa?

Please tell me there is a top 20 recruit that chose Arizona or Miami, or Auburn over Kentucky in the last 5 years and we may have our winner.

They never should have been invited to the ACC to begin with. League sold it's soul to the devil. Rouge commuter school with no real academics to speak of. Can't stand UConn, but man long term that probably would have been a better option for the league.

Well, long term if UConn was in the ACC, then Clemson and FSU might be in the Big 12. That might have caused UNC and UVA to the B1G and NC State and VT to the SEC. So long term that would have been awesome for us.

And it's likely BS and really snobbish to call a school with its mission a "commuter school." Especially one that has invested heavily in its academic offerings and upgraded its campus facilities.

They didn't seem crazy then. Anyone who thought that Calipari was magically pulling 6 5 stars a year on his beckoning call just because he was an expert at placing them into the NBA was either in denial or dense. Guy has cheated everywhere he has been.

Quade Green's recruitment smelled like a dead skunk for a reason.
Shhhhhhhh some people on the board are still in denial that Calipari is a crook.

Fran Fraschilla on Sirius: "Throw the books at these guys. I'm glad this is happening. This is a good day".

Fraschilla: "I have a hunch that the NCAA was aware of this. It would not surprise me that the NCAA fed information to the FBI and Justice Department. Knowing they have no juice, it would not surprise me that they used them to help. Just a hunch"

Possibly but the attorney in the presser was without question making the case that the kids and their families are the victims. It's all a little strange to me, frankly.
Is this not extortion? I'll play for you if you pay me money?

So did some digging - final 5 schools for 5 star Arizona Commits over past 4 years:

2015 - Allonzo Trier - Arizona (C), Washington, UCLA, Kansas, Louisville
2015 - Ray Smith - Arizona (C), Arizona State, California, Connecticut, Georgetown, Louisville, Texas, UCLA, and USC
2015 - Justin Simon - Arizona (C), Kansas, Louisville, UCLA
2016 - Rawle Alkins - Arizona (C), St. John's, North Carolina, NC State, UNLV
2016 - Lauri Markannan - Arizona (C), North Carolina, Utah
2016 - Kobi Simmons - Arizona (C), Ohio St, Kentucky
2017 - Deandre Ayton - Arizona (C), Kansas, Kentucky
2017 - Emmanual Akot - Arizona (C), Oregon, Utah, Louisville
2018 - Jahvon Quinerly - Arizona (C), Villanova, UCLA, Seton Hall, Stanford, Kansas, Virginia

Kansas And UCLA (thanks toga) are on that list of finalists as much as Louisville is. Kentucky shows up with Ayton, the #1 ranked prospect in the entire 2017 class and Simmons, #18 in 2016.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom