FBI arrests Assistant Basketball Coaches in Corruption Scheme | Page 32 | Syracusefan.com

FBI arrests Assistant Basketball Coaches in Corruption Scheme

WDRB.com criminal justice reporter.

83206ae67da70662c246b9cca0b92d2da77cae199a14e8d23e102739d5192b2e.jpg

I think I have this right...but if not please correct any errors you see

Adidas Schools

Louisville
Miami FL

NC St.
Indiana
Nebraska
Rutgers
Kansas
Arizona St.
Texas A&M

Nike Schools
Clemson
Duke
Florida St.
North Carolina
Pitt
Syracuse
Virginia
Virginia Tech
Wake Forest
Illinois
Iowa
Michigan
Mich St.
Minnesota
OSU
Penn St
Purdue
Baylor
Iowa St.
Kansas St.
Oklahoma
Ok St.
Texas
TCU
WVU
Arizona
Colorado
Oregon
Oregon St.
Stanford
USC
Washington
Washington St.
Alabama
Arkansas
Florida
Georgia
Kentucky
LSU
Missouri
Ole Miss
Tennessee
Vanderbilt

Under Armour
South Carolina
Auburn

California
UCLA
Utah
Notre Dame
Texas Tech
Wisconsin
Northwestern
Maryland
Boston College

Russel Athletic
Georgia Tech
1) youre missing big east schools
2) isn't UCLA adidas?
3) are you putting Jordan teams under Nike

How is receiving cash not against the law. Did they pay tax on it? Because these numbers are way over the amount allowed to be a gift. So it is considered taxable income. If one party does not pay the taxes, then the other one must. And did they "demand" the cash, or was it just "offered". Because that is extortion if they asked for it. I will give you something if you pay me for it...

Just for clarification, gifts are taxable to the giver NOT the receiver.

Judy for clarification, gifts are taxable to the giver NOT the receiver.
Really, this is not considered as income to the receiver or as a gift (which is income). I can't imagine that the receiver would not be responsible for receiving this money as some form of income. In other words, everyone involved should be liable.

Correct. So if I am a player who got money and did not pay taxes, I'm not calling the tip line. The players are not totally innocent in this, because I am going to take a HUUUUGE leap and guess that not a one paid any taxes. How do you pay taxes on money not legally obtained. I don't think there is a line for that on the 1040!!

Actually there is a line for that, other income. The IRS doesn't care where the money came from, they just want their cut. That's how Al Capone got caught.

Oh please God let it be Kentucky...

No matter how many schools get indicted in this, I don't think Kentucky will be one. Funneling money to recruits from the sneaker/clothing entities isn't how they roll. They have their own personal sugar daddies. No need for this convaluted quagmire.

Hope I'm wrong.

Really, this is not considered as income to the receiver or as a gift (which is income). I can't imagine that the receiver would not be responsible for receiving this money as some form of income. In other words, everyone involved should be liable.

Nope, not as a gift. These weren't gifts though.

No matter how many schools get indicted in this, I don't think Kentucky will be one. Funneling money to recruits from the sneaker/clothing entities isn't how they roll. They have their own personal sugar daddies. No need for this convaluted quagmire.

Hope I'm wrong.
Yeah, Kentucky doesn't need to cheat anymore. Calamari is reaping the benefits of not getting caught after cheating for years.

Yeah, Kentucky doesn't need to cheat anymore. Calamari is reaping the benefits of not getting caught after cheating for years.

I didn't say that though.

1) youre missing big east schools
2) isn't UCLA adidas?
3) are you putting Jordan teams under Nike

Yes Jordan teams are under Nike. I think UCLA switched for 2017. Didn't include Big East schools because they aren't Power 5.

All will be revealed in time. These guys will die in prison unless they give up some info to get a better deal. Someone is going to flip on more heads. They will flip on others involved. This is only the beginning.
Die in prison ? Come on man .. the big crime here being paying a kid so he'll play basketball at your school . In the grand scheme of things , I'm not even sure this is wrong

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom