FBI arrests Assistant Basketball Coaches in Corruption Scheme | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

FBI arrests Assistant Basketball Coaches in Corruption Scheme

Adidas was, according to FBI wiretaps, creating false orders to hide the payments. Lots of illegal activity going on here.
If true...ADDYY will eventually slide 20-30% IMHO off their Friday close Down over 3% today.

Nike failing over 3% afterhours...folks are realizing Nike has some big exposure too? Earnings came out too...

Both stocks bear watching if you own.

Last edited:
My sister in law had a big thing with an Uncle who gave her $100k to purchase her NYC apartment a few years ago. He refused to pay the taxes on it, and she had to pay them. She is a corporate attorney. That is where I get this from.

Federal taxes?

If you haven't done so, I would highly suggest everyone read this article and the accompanying FBI inditement. Scroll to page 21, paragraph D and tell me that "Coach 2" is NOT Pitino. His goose is cooked.

The receiving isn't against the law. It's the not declaring it as income that's against the law.
Believe you may not be totally correct on that, any transfer of funds greater than 10,ooo (I think) dollars and not reporting the transaction is now in violation of the law. This was enacted as a security measure against terrorism a few years ago if my memory is correct.

Believe you may not be totally correct on that, any transfer of funds greater than 10,ooo (I think) dollars and not reporting the transaction is now in violation of the law. This was enacted as a security measure against terrorism a few years ago if my memory is correct.

You are correct, but he is correct is well since the money was obviously not a gift.

You are correct... or multiple transactions occurring for the same account that total greater than $10,000.

Okay, well, I thought I'd weigh in a bit here. First of all, if you have a favorite college basketball team, you should worry. This scandal could hit any program as it goes forward.

How should I describe dirty recruiting? Its like filing out your taxes.

>1% of them fill out all the forms correctly and do not lie or exaggerate anything

>69% stretch the meaning of the law to fit their situation

>29.9999% flat out lie and make stuff up that isn't true.

>Kentucky killed their grandparents, hid them in the basement and are continuing to cash their SS checks.

Teams caught today are in the 29.9999999% category.

We're in the 69% group---but the details of which for any of these programs would be unflattering.

Some other thoughts:

Fran Fraschilla is going to be asked how he knew a month ahead of time.

The entire Louisville hoops program is going to be nuked. AD to ball boy. They will be lucky if they are allowed to play this year. Even their resident apologist Forde is on board.

So the NCAA was left in the dark? - not surprising, but I certainly wouldn't doubt that someone at the NCAA took money from a shoe company to keep one of their teams off probation. The NCAA is corrupt with a capital C.

Miami is going to get hit hard - its their second big scandal.

Jalen Carey is ours...:)
Was waiting and looking forward to hearing your opinion. Thank you

Thanks Jake was hoping you would chime in with your thoughts. Obviously no mention or word of SU being involved in this scandal to date is extremely relieving. Interested to get your thoughts on what other programs maybe really sweating right now.
Unless and until PayPalCal/WWWes are held to account, then this scandal is just skimming the surface. So much sound & fury signifying nothing. JMHO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom