FBI arrests Assistant Basketball Coaches in Corruption Scheme | Page 36 | Syracusefan.com

FBI arrests Assistant Basketball Coaches in Corruption Scheme

Tip: Use correct grammar when you're pretending outrage: "The nature of the charges brought by the federal government IS deeply disturbing ... "

Great minds think alike. I was behind in my reading so you beat me to the punch.

Last edited:
This ain't good at all.
This kinda seems like just a thing where we have 3 players signed with them not any actual connection. They have many players signed with them, some being from the same schools and if they went to school together or OKOW each other from their school then they could easily say "hey you should sign with my agency cus blah blah blah". I can assure that happens all the time. Everybody is sweating over the entire thing but I wouldn't be worried because of this specific thing.

This ain't good at all.

giphy.gif.cf.gif

so what do these named schools do now? like Arizona for example, what do they do w the Book recruits on the roster?

This kinda seems like just a thing where we have 3 players signed with them not any actual connection. They have many players signed with them, some being from the same schools and if they went to school together or OKOW each other from their school then they could easily say "hey you should sign with my agency cus blah blah blah". I can assure that happens all the time. Everybody is sweating over the entire thing but I wouldn't be worried because of this specific thing.

Than you for talking me off the ledge but forgive me for being gun shy about NCAA and any enforcement body for that matter having it out for us. It's not far fetched to think pitinos punishment will be some vacated wins for JB. Seems about right.

Than you for talking me off the ledge but forgive me for being gun shy about NCAA and any enforcement body for that matter having it out for us. It's not far fetched to think pitinos punishment will be some vacated wins for JB. Seems about right.

Difference here is the crooked ncaa had it out for us and did what they wanted...this isn't the ncaa. It's the FBI

The football program was handing out duffle bags over 20 yrs ago, basketball, no idea. But I'd be nervous if I was any program at the moment.

Nobody at this level is clean.

Some may be cleaner than others, but, nobody should pass judgement based on how they feel about their program.

I'm just saying I think there might be a connection. Don't know anything more than that. Could be nothing.
The Feds got the guys that got today with recent stuff. They will have a much harder time going back a number of years.

The Feds got the guys that got today with recent stuff. They will have a much harder time going back a number of years.

Great point.

Hasn't this been a 3 year sting?

This is focused around Adidas schools. If I recall arak was a very late flip from Georgetown who is also a Nike school. Malachi wasn't exactly a blue chip recruit. The only one that would worry me is McCullough but I really remember little about his recruitment.

We were under investigation for ten years. I highly doubt we went out and paid players during that time frame, knowing we were in the middle of an NCAA investigation.
That's what has me feeling OK. The NCAA went back a decade with us, I would think if we had this kind of activity going on, they would have caught us - either that or brush it under the rug.

The real winner of today is North Carolina - no one will be talking about them for a long, long time.

This is focused around Adidas schools. If I recall arak was a very late flip from Georgetown who is also a Nike school. Malachi wasn't exactly a blue chip recruit. The only one that would worry me is McCullough but I really remember little about his recruitment.
Mali was top 30, Rak was a 5 star. They were both McD AA's

Mali was top 30, Rak was a 5 star. They were both McD AA's

I didn't know that about Malachi. As I said regarding Rak. If the apparel companies are driving this instruggle to see Nike choosing one school over another.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom