FBI arrests Assistant Basketball Coaches in Corruption Scheme | Page 73 | Syracusefan.com

FBI arrests Assistant Basketball Coaches in Corruption Scheme

He will undoubtedly talk about his own prowess as a basketball player and how he once swished a free throw at MSG, while The Mooch watched and Bannon was off doing what only Bannon can do.
He drains 3 ft. free throws with ease.

The guy makes $600k a year and he does this stupid crap for $22k+! Even if he made $300k more a year from this crap, you risk your status as a 1%er and your integrity!? Even if you were paid the $600K specifically to facilitate these deals, why would you expose yourself to criminal charges by taking bribes? I just don't get the greed urge for persons who are so well off.

Last edited:
The guy makes $600k a year and he does this stupid crap for $22k+! Even if he made $300k more a year from this crap, you risk your status as a 1%er and your integrity!? Even if you were paid the $600K specifically to facilitate these deals, why would you expose yourself to criminal charges by taking brides? I just don't get the greed urge for persons who are so well off.

1) Most likely he's running multiple scams at a time. There are other forms of under the table stuff that go on with recruits besides sneaker money.
2) It's 100% tax free if he's not reporting it (which I'd bet he's not).
3) It's money that his wife/significant other/partner probably doesn't know about, so it's probably getting spent entirely on fun stuff for himself.
4) Greedy people are greedy. For some people, the answer is "never enough".

you know . . . i'm not a lawyer, but i could conceivably be in a jury pool. and i have to say, from my lay perspective, everything connected with marty blazer reeks of entrapment. doesn't change my normative judgement of what chuck person did, and doesn't change the fact that his player(s) have to be ineligible . . . but based on what i have read, if his lawyer made an entrapment defense, i would not vote to convict him on criminal charges. i don't know about the other cases, but this one bothers me

1) Most likely he's running multiple scams at a time. There are other forms of under the table stuff that go on with recruits besides sneaker money.
2) It's 100% tax free if he's not reporting it (which I'd bet he's not).
3) It's money that his wife/significant other/partner probably doesn't know about, so it's probably getting spent entirely on fun stuff for himself.
4) Greedy people are greedy. For some people, the answer is "never enough".
Harkens back to the old saw: Pigs get fat. Hogs get slaughtered.

Last edited:
The guy makes $600k a year and he does this stupid crap for $22k+! Even if he made $300k more a year from this crap, you risk your status as a 1%er and your integrity!? Even if you were paid the $600K specifically to facilitate these deals, why would you expose yourself to criminal charges by taking brides? I just don't get the greed urge for persons who are so well off.

He's being charged with bigamy too?

Simple,because if don't win you will be out of that job that pays $600.000.

On a grander scheme of things... shot an all time low today on nine, 38. The handicap index is coming down!

#moreimportantthings

oh yeah... and I drank a six pack of bud light lime while doing it. nothing but the best for my game.
and the Bud Light Lime didn't affect the scorekeeping?

The Latest: OK State fires assistant tied to hoops scandal

The University of Kansas is conducting an internal review of its storied program after a nationwide federal bribery investigation uncovered rampant fraud and corruption in college basketball.
Some $25k a year employee will be fired after the deep review is completed at lunch...KU will issue a statement that all is well and corrected a few minor violations. They'll drop a walk on off the team as a self-imposed punishment.

Some $25k a year employee will be fired after the deep review is completed at lunch...KU will issue a statement that all is well and corrected a few minor violations. They'll drop a walk on off the team as a self-imposed punishment.

100% true if it was they were putting on a show for the NCAA. But, they'd be fools to take this lightly with the Feds involved.

Last edited:
BREAKING NEWS: As a result of the FBI investigations into CBB, Oklahoma to the B1G is imminent!!
Speaking of the Big 10 - so odd that none of their programs have been linked to this and with Urban Meyer leading the charge against corruption - they are definitely trying to take the moral high ground here.

Someone at Ohio St is leading the charge against corruption - that's rich, like Kelvin Sampson being on the NCAA ethics committee.

Speaking of the Big 10 - so odd that none of their programs have been linked to this and with Urban Meyer leading the charge against corruption - they are definitely trying to take the moral high ground here.

http://nypost.com/2017/09/27/why-is-the-fbi-trying-to-enforce-ncaa-rules/

This guy is trying to equate two agents vs, a publicly traded where an executive was using bribery to win over major shoe contracts with Universities.

Plus these coaches can be charged with Bribery Graft as they are state employees for some of these Universities.
You don't think Joe Nocera has valid points when it comes to the NCAA's amateurism scam and paying players? But yes he does miss the other areas where laws were allegedly broken.