FBI arrests Assistant Basketball Coaches in Corruption Scheme | Page 72 | Syracusefan.com

FBI arrests Assistant Basketball Coaches in Corruption Scheme

I'm not sure how deep exactly the FBI is willing to go, but it seems like a big part of this is also them digging up dirt on shoe companies paying players; not just coaches.
That's what I'm saying. Pitino is a nice big fish. Pearl and Miller and others are too, if they can get evidence against them. But their big targets are apparel companies like Nike and Adidas and UA, and the guys who run these places like Gatto, and the overall systemic corruption. Those are the whales. Am I right?

That's what I'm saying. Pitino is a nice big fish. Pearl and Miller and others are too, if they can get evidence against them. But their big targets are apparel companies like Nike and Adidas and UA, and the guys who run these places like Gatto, and the overall systemic corruption. Those are the whales. Am I right?

I don't think the feds care about isolated incidents of $100k that's unaccounted for. They only care about it when it's lots and lots and lots of $100k's that in total add up to real sizable money. I suspect they're looking for systematic corruption, and that's where the shoe companies come in. I doubt they really care about Tony Bland taking $13k, they want the big fish like you said.

The Tony Blands are just a means to an end.

Adidas is a worldwide corrupter. Worlwide multisport kickback machine. Didn't expect competition from UA and Nike.

A lot of people are missing the point here - the FBI wasn't targeting specific universities to investigate, it was just following the trail of dealings associated with Blazer. Maybe it ends when they think that trail is dried up? I'm not sure that they're going to up and say "hey, let's just start randomly investigating other programs", I'd assume that they're just going to go after what the evidence they uncover points towards.

But of course I've never run a federal investigation, so I could be waaaay off base here. Maybe they do care?
Or...just think like Paranoid SU Fan (about 90% of us)

Syracuse.com will tip off the FBI they saw a suspicious person give an SU basketball player a ride to Destiny as grounds to start an FBI investigation

Misleading...the guy gave the money in 2010 not 2015

A Dukie stirring up trouble.
I see that his Duke degree came in very handy in reading comprehension....oh,wait they only teach how to read a box score.

Or...just think like Paranoid SU Fan (about 90% of us)

Syracuse.com will tip off the FBI they saw a suspicious person give an SU basketball player a ride to Destiny as grounds to start an FBI investigation
Yeah, some of those sewer workers over there would think it funny if some story they told got Syracuse basketball in trouble.

somebody with photoshop skills please put Cal, K, and WWW in this picture

Coley_Fig_09-940x527.jpg