FBI arrests Assistant Basketball Coaches in Corruption Scheme | Page 77 | Syracusefan.com

FBI arrests Assistant Basketball Coaches in Corruption Scheme

Weren't there some shady football coaches part of the schools that were investigated so it's very good chance that college football is gonna get sacked.

The NCAA issued one statement from Mark Emmert on Sept 26th. Nothing more will get said unless FBI charges more perps. They are going to wait and let the schools weigh the costs of trading on illegal activities vs getting athletes at a price.

In Emmert's statement he said they would be supporting the federal investigation. I wonder what they could possibly share with the FBI that would be helpful and would not in some way implicate the NCAA for turning a blind eye.

If one knew nothing about college basketball at all, but they knew that players were getting paid, and that those paying them were acting outside the law. Wouldn't you just look at the recruiting rankings and start there? If you saw that two schools have pretty much snatched up the entire top 10 every year for 5 years, and one of those schools has been doing it even longer. Doesn't that seem suspicious?

If one knew nothing about college basketball at all, but they knew that players were getting paid, and that those paying them were acting outside the law. Wouldn't you just look at the recruiting rankings and start there? If you saw that two schools have pretty much snatched up the entire top 10 every year for 5 years, and one of those schools has been doing it even longer. Doesn't that seem suspicious?

Nah totally normal man.

The NCAA issued one statement from Mark Emmert on Sept 26th. Nothing more will get said unless FBI charges more perps. They are going to wait and let the schools weigh the costs of trading on illegal activities vs getting athletes at a price.

In Emmert's statement he said they would be supporting the federal investigation. I wonder what they could possibly share with the FBI that would be helpful and would not in some way implicate the NCAA for turning a blind eye.
Dear FBI:. "It would be really great if you would exclude Duke, Kansas, Kentucky and Carolina, from any investigations. Thank you."
Your friend,

NCAA

Unless and until someone talks the NCAA is not allowed to do anything. They pretty much can count on getting sued by a school they whack if they don't have ironclad proof. "Everyone knows" is not proof.

Lots of hand wringing and gnashing of teeth, but, ultimately it'll only impact those that were most recently caught. Sean Miller keeps his job, Coach L down at Miami will not. They will accuse the shoe companies of corrupting the game and probably AAU ball will see some changes to the system. Everything will proceed, business as usual.

That's my prognostication

I wonder how many doors the FBI open that the NCAA will wish they hadn't. Either because they didn't want to rock certain boats or because they didn't have enough personnel to follow up when they had to commit them to an 8 year investigation of a certain university.

Lots of hand wringing and gnashing of teeth, but, ultimately it'll only impact those that were most recently caught. Sean Miller keeps his job, Coach L down at Miami will not. They will accuse the shoe companies of corrupting the game and probably AAU ball will see some changes to the system. Everything will proceed, business as usual.

That's my prognostication

Can I amend my earlier statement?