FBI arrests Assistant Basketball Coaches in Corruption Scheme | Page 79 | Syracusefan.com

FBI arrests Assistant Basketball Coaches in Corruption Scheme

Specifically 40-50 head coaches and associate coaches. That could be ten head coaches or less. Which is still not a small number but is not 40-50 as I originally interpreted from Donnas tweet.

The NCAA will most certainly call these isolated instances of corruption and move on. I can't see them even considering any meaningful reforms.
Criminal cases not in wheelhouse:vomit:

Be careful what you wish for...
Agreed. A lot of misplaced confidence in some of these posts, IMO. If one of our current or former AC’s is on the list, we’ll have to deal w/ some degree of fallout, no matter how small. Not so sure we’re in the clear yet.

And all signs point to Arizona just sweeping any allegations under the rug. Also, Larranga is going to skate.

So far the only scalp is Pitino, and honestly, I think if the hooker scandal hadn't just happened, he'd still have his job.

The NCAA has no interest is cleaning this up.

And all signs point to Arizona just sweeping any allegations under the rug. Also, Larranga is going to skate.

So far the only scalp is Pitino, and honestly, I think if the hooker scandal hadn't just happened, he'd still have his job.

yep all the non-Pitino big name coaches apparently have to do is put out "heartfelt" statements about how shocked and saddened they are - or just have their attorneys do it

yep all the non-Pitino big name coaches apparently have to do is put out "heartfelt" statements about how shocked and saddened they are - or just have their attorneys do it

"I didn't know, its not my fault"

Gonna be real tough to get way with that, with this in effect: "NCAA Division I Bylaw 11.1.1.1 states that a head coach is presumed to be responsible for the actions of all staff members who report, directly or indirectly, to the head coach." {I imagine that the bolding is a link in the original document. I didn't put it there.}

Oh come on. The FBI is involved. This is serious stuff. We don't know what's going to come out. The investigation is ongoing and more indictments and revelations will be coming out during the middle of the season. I don't know what you expect. It's not all going to be wrapped up in a few weeks. They're investigating a black market that's existed for decades. The NCAA investigations can't really even start in earnest until more details are revealed in court by the FBI. ... I actually have my doubts that these are crimes the federal government should be spending its time on. It may be prosecutorial overreach that could ultimately help the corrupt NCAA maintain its sham amateurism model and not help student athletes.

Wrong Oklahoma. These are the Cowboys, not the Sooners.
I know that. I was actually pivoting to something else. I was wrong about something different than you were correcting me about. lol

Of course, which is why there needs to be larger penalties. But say Louisville is a mass murderer doesn't mean us being a one time rapist excuses us or allows us to point fingers.

Oh, I agree, plus I don't understand why some people around here are doing touchdown dances. For the most part, I've just made fun of Pitino, since he's such an easy target.