FBI arrests Assistant Basketball Coaches in Corruption Scheme | Page 53 | Syracusefan.com

FBI arrests Assistant Basketball Coaches in Corruption Scheme

One thing I am sick of is this ex-player Tony Bland stuff. He is a San diego state grad. He was at SD St longer than he was at Syracuse. I expect we will be hearing ex Syracuse asst Rick Pitino any time now.
Don't forget Emmert. It all comes back to SU.

Can't speak for the others, but what I thin made him so quick was the problems with the last scandal. That was his last get out of jail free card. If there was a couple of years in between, maybe he had a chance, but right on the heels of the other one, no way.

That and, as far as I know, and I didn't read all of the indictments, were any of them as crystal clear about paying a player to commit?

Was it an assistant or was it Pitino? I think it may have been Pitino himself...The Louisville board does too.

It was an assistant that was taped initially, Pitino was referred to by the assistant and had two telephone conversation with the Adidas head of marketing.

upload_2017-9-27_11-55-31.jpeg

I'm with you 100%. More schools and coaches will come under the microscope. Sounds like pay for play may be common with shoe companies and major college programs. It's just that Louisville was careless and Book and Bland etc. were trying to get their take. SU coaches probably stay far away from $ details and any bidding wars, but are generally aware that some players are getting $$ from shoe companies or middle men for agents. If the Feds can nail Nike and UA, every major P5 program will be under the microscope.
Sonny Vacarro and how the NCAA gave him a bye in the 1st. round comes to mind...Nike

Yeah, they do. This was a easy investigation for them. So easy they must have been shocked at how inept the coaches were. They even said that at the briefing yesterday. I'm not worried.
Not if there is smoke they dont. This isn't going to be about SU. I have no idea why people worry. But this ain't over.