FBI arrests Assistant Basketball Coaches in Corruption Scheme | Page 61 | Syracusefan.com

FBI arrests Assistant Basketball Coaches in Corruption Scheme

loose-lips-sink-ships_a-G-2889966-9664571.jpg

This whole thing is just another example of how widespread corruption is part of the economic system.

The NCAA is a regulatory body. Most regulatory agencies have been co-opted to some degree by the industries and services that they're supposed to regulate. The NCAA appears to be no exception.

It's naive to think that money isn't passed when it comes to influencing a regulator. I'm not talking about everyone with an enforcement responsibility, but there are always certain individuals who can be compromised within any organization.

I hope the feds take a serious look at the NCAA and pull the curtain back.

Excluded the "Field" listed as overall favorite at +175

Other names listed

Hoiberg 12-1
G Marshall 12-1
S Wojciechowski 14-1
I would like to short Andy Enfield, please.
I would be very, very, very surprised if Louisville hired a coach whose assistant was caught up in the same investigation as the one that bounced its prior coach.

Excluded the "Field" listed as overall favorite at +175

Other names listed

Hoiberg 12-1
G Marshall 12-1
S Wojciechowski 14-1
Those are ambitious names for a program that should get sanctioned at least a bit. I mean Shaka Smart? Isn't Andy Enfeld in trouble himself? How could he be on that list. Why would Cronin go there now? I think they need to take someone who isn't currently coaching. At least for this year.

I would like to short Andy Enfield, please.
I would be very, very, very surprised if Louisville hired a coach whose assistant was caught up in the same investigation as the one that bounced its prior coach.

That's a really stupid list. Is the guy who put that together paying attention outside of the Louisville issues? Enfield is likely gone too.

Those are ambitious names for a program that should get sanctioned at least a bit. I mean Shaka Smart? Isn't Andy Enfeld in trouble himself? How could he be on that list. Why would Cronin go there now? I think they need to take someone who isn't currently coaching. At least for this year.

Exactly. Jim Calhoun.