FBI arrests Assistant Basketball Coaches in Corruption Scheme | Page 63 | Syracusefan.com

FBI arrests Assistant Basketball Coaches in Corruption Scheme

Not saying we are clean but I genuinely can't see Autry or Hopkins going this kind of stuff. I could be wrong but I think we should be safe, also you may hate on Duke and UNC but they are classy programs so I doubt they see any big problems from this either. KENTUCKY is in a ball park all on their own, I can see that program getting into some deep shiz today or tomorrow. Cal should be sweating this one out.
giphy.gif

I do enjoy linking UNC and "class-y" though.

yeah I think most p5 schools will def stay away but could see midmajors roll the dice
You would think the NCAA could put in place a process to certify that these decommits are clean and can be recruited by schools. Would have to move on this rather quickly but there may be several key players in this questionable status before the last shoe drops.

Not saying we are clean but I genuinely can't see Autry or Hopkins going this kind of stuff. I could be wrong but I think we should be safe, also you may hate on Duke and UNC but they are classy programs so I doubt they see any big problems from this either. KENTUCKY is in a ball park all on their own, I can see that program getting into some deep shiz today or tomorrow. Cal should be sweating this one out.
How is Tony Bland any different? They're just people we welcomed into our 'family' and who have jobs to do, which happen to be involved with competing against others who seek out competitive advantages. Right now, i'm not seeing this as being so much different from PEDs in baseball. Yes, there's a greater level of criminality involved, but really only because it involves the IRS. But, in terms of competitive advantage, if you believe "everyone else is doing it," it doesn't take a Hannibal Lechter to get caught up in it. It almost seems like it's more of an outlier to find resistance to the plague than acceptance of it.

That all said, i don't want to be naive. I sorta think there are just people who are better at this sort of thing than others, rather than a binary good/evil thing. I mean, one player was paid with a wire transfer? That's just six levels of stupid. If you do it, you gotta treat it like money laundering. Multiple levels of cleaning. Which reminds me — did y'all watch the Netflix series OZARK?

Respect your point of view, but I'm REALLY SKEPTICAL about Capel.

You would think the NCAA could put in place a process to certify that these decommits are clean and can be recruited by schools. Would have to move on this rather quickly but there may be several key players in this questionable status before the last shoe drops.
Nike, Under Armour, or BBB?

I thought UNC had no class?

BUTTA BUMP PAH

Other than what we already know, I believe exactly nothing that Michael Beasley has to say. Starting with whatever nonsense he's talking about Manhattan growing by 5 times since something something something. Mike Vorkunov, I'd recommend calming down a bit and finding an actual scoop.
My recollection is we were in on him when he was being recruited. Glad he went elsewhere.

giphy.gif

I do enjoy linking UNC and "class-y" though.

It's still shocking to me that Carolina had an entire fake curriculum for students and apparently won't really get nailed for it. It's even more shocking that Ped St. felt victimized -- oh, the irony -- by it's ruling and basically had it reduced to next to nothing ... other than the fact that all complicit in those events will have to spend eternity pushing a rock up a to the top of a steep hill they can never actually reach.

The NCAA's inability to exert any real control over it's members or show any sort of foresight is hard to comprehend b/c at the end of the day this scandal is pretty much about teams paying kids money that they probably deserve in the first place and in some ways doesn't even seem all that underhanded in the sense that they are basically pursuing a degree in basketball (a program lasting from 1 to 4 years) anyway.

It's still shocking to me that Carolina had an entire fake curriculum for students and apparently won't really get nailed for it. It's even more shocking that Ped St. felt victimized -- oh, the irony -- by it's ruling and basically had it reduced to next to nothing ... other than the fact that all complicit in those events will have to spend eternity pushing a rock up a to the top of a steep hill they can never actually reach.

The NCAA's inability to exert any real control over it's members or show any sort of foresight is hard to comprehend b/c at the end of the day this scandal is pretty much about teams paying kids money that they probably deserve in the first place and in some ways doesn't even seem all that underhanded in the sense that they are basically pursuing a degree in basketball (a program lasting from 1 to 4 years) anyway.
Who knows how it will play out, but I would think that the NCAA might now be MORE apt to flash its fangs in regards to the UNC sanctions. Only time will tell, of course, but I bet the folks in Indy feel shammed by this FBI/DOJ/IRS investigation.