FBI Hoops Trial starting | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

FBI Hoops Trial starting

Their wheelhouse has shrunk in size.
tenor.gif

Oh look Mr phony Tom Izzo is included in this. Shocker.
I'm getting confused he has Pitino as one of his main guys but doesn't he further say Pitino was the only guy in his program who didn't know what was going on? Or was that someone else?

That seems a bit reckless on Zagoria's part to just to throw out names of schools and claim that "all the schools are doing something" when he doesn't really know that. I will say this though, if we're involved in paying players, we're doing a pretty bad job at it. Maybe our bags have a hole in the bottom.
Zags wasnt throwing out names, he was quoting Merl Code on video.

How in god’s name are Sean Miller and Will Wade still employed by their schools?!? It’s insane. They clearly paid players. Look, I’m all for changing the rules and support college athletes getting paid in a new rule book—but these guys are committing massive rules violations, gaining a huge competitive advantage over other schools, and the evidence is just sitting out there. The schools need to take a stand and fire both these guys post haste, and the NCAA must not drop the ball on this. If Pitino lost his job with far less proof of guilt that he knew about payments to Bowen, these two should be shown the door immediately.
Arizona's Sean Miller comes into focus in college basketball...

The corruption and rule breaking is blatant.

How in god’s name are Sean Miller and Will Wade still employed by their schools?!? It’s insane. They clearly paid players. Look, I’m all for changing the rules and support college athletes getting paid in a new rule book—but these guys are committing massive rules violations, gaining a huge competitive advantage over other schools, and the evidence is just sitting out there. The schools need to take a stand and fire both these guys post haste, and the NCAA must not drop the ball on this. If Pitino lost his job with far less proof of guilt that he knew about payments to Bowen, these two should be shown the door immediately.

You are assuming those schools and the NCAA prioritize following the rules. I think they prioritize not getting caught red handed and being embarrassed and could care less about actually following the rules.

I have no idea whether the schools are backing the coaches or getting ready to let them go. They're goners if the NCAA hits Arizona and LSU hard. You need to understand the schools' goal if it comes down to firing Wade and Miller. They want to be able to fire them for cause and thereby not have to pay any buyout. Once the Feds' case is fully adjudicated, establishing in a court of law that they paid money to players, the schools can act without having to open their checkbooks. Wade and Miller will not resign. The schools need an airtight case to fire them at no cost.

Pitino was different. He already had a strike against him in the view if the UofL administration and this set of allegations was the last straw; he violated what amounted to the terms of his parole. There was a major, major housecleaning at UofL as a result, with the president, AD, Pitino, and most of the trustees being shown the door. It also greased the skids for Petrino to be fired as the football coach because everyone who brought him back was now gone.

If the college presidents don't put the NCAA's feet to the fire after listening/seeing those videos, shame on them.
The Presidents know - they will mirror the MLB owners who expressed shock and disdain that steroids were being used, but the Presidents know. Sonny Vaccaro summarized it best and it still plays

“Why,” asked Bryce Jordan, the president emeritus of Penn State, “should a university be an advertising medium for your industry?”
Vaccaro did not blink. “They shouldn’t, sir,” he replied. “You sold your souls, and you’re going to continue selling them. You can be very moral and righteous in asking me that question, sir,” Vaccaro added with irrepressible good cheer, “but there’s not one of you in this room that’s going to turn down any of our money. You’re going to take it. I can only offer it.”

I know some people in NCAA Division I basketball, and have it on good authority that LSU was looking for a head coach who was "willing to do what it takes" to win.

LSU's actions following the news about Wade was all a charade. This is exactly what they wanted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom