Feb 24 & 25 - Weekend Bubble Schedule | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Feb 24 & 25 - Weekend Bubble Schedule

Yes but all the other teams have much more quality wins.

That was my point. If you called them out on quality wins, they could always claim they were well ahead in bad losses.

I get that. They have some quality losses tho. By five on the road to OSU, by one to KU, a loss at Creighton. Those aren't bad. The Ill loss is bad but like I said others have bad losses too. That's the nature of the bubble, blemishes abound.

Kind of puzzles me how PSU was listed ahead of them on the bubble. Nebraska won that game easily today and finished well ahead of them in the conference. Clearly they're the better team.

I get that. They have some quality losses tho. By five on the road to OSU, by one to KU, a loss at Creighton. Those aren't bad. The Ill loss is bad but like I said others have bad losses too. That's the nature of the bubble, blemishes abound.

Kind of puzzles me how PSU was listed ahead of them on the bubble. Nebraska won that game easily today and finished well ahead of them in the conference. Clearly they're the better team.
You really don't get the concept of q1 wins, do you?

Look at that murderers' row!
The real number to look at/think about with Nebraska? 1. 1 win against a tournament team.
View attachment 123519

So I guess that means that you're so confident that you'll want to wager on it if Nebraska gets to the B1g semis, right?

So I guess that means that you're so confident that you'll want to wager on it if Nebraska gets to the B1g semis, right?
Any number of p5 teams could probably make an argument if they get to the semis of their conf tourney - so?

Any number of p5 teams could probably make an argument if they get to the semis of their conf tourney - so?

And would they have won their 14th game in that conference?

I bet you couldn't name one player on Nebraska and probably haven't watched ten minutes of their games this year. But yet you know all, right? lol

But they just LOOKED so darned gooooood!!!

I had to chuckle at how you dismissed the importance of the tournament chair watching the Nebraska game today as being irrelevant. The fact they looked solid means nothing, right? I mean the guy just went to the game because he enjoys the popcorn served at that arena, right?

And would they have won their 14th game in that conference?

I bet you couldn't name one player on Nebraska and probably haven't watched ten minutes of their games this year. But yet you know all, right? lol
:rolling:

(I attended the game in which they defeated mighty Minnesota by 6 pts - unfortunately, didn't really pass the eye test that night :()

I had to chuckle at how you dismissed the importance of the tournament chair watching the Nebraska game today as being irrelevant. The fact they looked solid means nothing, right? I mean the guy just went to the game because he enjoys the popcorn served at that arena, right?
I'll bet that's the only game he attended this year!

:rolling:

(I attended the game in which they defeated mighty Minnesota by 6 pts - unfortunately, didn't really pass the eye test that night :()

Whose eyes? Yours?

Btw they were a 3.5 point dog and won a conference road game by six points. What's wrong with that?

Whose eyes? Yours?

Btw they were a 3.5 point dog and won a conference road game by six points.
Good lord, dude. You really don't get this NCAA tourney stuff.
minny is HORRIBLE and nebraska was slightly less horrible that night.

As of now, Nebraska has 1 worthy win. One. That is all that matters.

Just to see where we are tracking after yesterday. Obviously this will not capture the UCLA game.

There are 30 new brackets posted today on the Matrix: I am listing teams who are in on at least two, or out of at least two, or have an average seed of 9 or worse.

Out of 30

NC St 29
Providence 29
Missouri 28
USC 27
St Bonaventure 27
Texas 27
Kansas St 26
St. Mary's 25
Louisville 22
UCLA 17
----------------
Baylor 13
Syracuse 9
Mississippi St 6
Boise St 4
Washington 3
LSU 2
Temple 2

So with UCLA losing today, I suspect we move up to the last team out. Which is not a bad position. If we go 1-1 in the next 2 games, we should not move much from that position. If we go 2-0, the we are up with those teams that are in the high 20's.

I think we can start saying every game is crucial, buy we are not eliminated by any loss... yet.

I also bolded Mississippi St as they seem to have had the most recent upwards traction. I think the SEC is good, but it has many of the same elements as the Pac 12 in 2016. Many decent teams, not many bad, that just keep beating up on each other and accumulating top wins.

Just to see where we are tracking after yesterday. Obviously this will not capture the UCLA game.

There are 30 new brackets posted today on the Matrix: I am listing teams who are in on at least two, or out of at least two, or have an average seed of 9 or worse.

Out of 30

NC St 29
Providence 29
Missouri 28
USC 27
St Bonaventure 27
Texas 27
Kansas St 26
St. Mary's 25
Louisville 22
UCLA 17
----------------
Baylor 13
Syracuse 9
Mississippi St 6
Boise St 4
Washington 3
LSU 2
Temple 2

So with UCLA losing today, I suspect we move up to the last team out. Which is not a bad position. If we go 1-1 in the next 2 games, we should not move much from that position. If we go 2-0, the we are up with those teams that are in the high 20's.

I think we can start saying every game is crucial, buy we are not eliminated by any loss... yet.
lol Baylor.
We were ahead of them (I believe, going by memory) entering the week. Both teams proceed to lose twice - we lose home NC, plastered at Duke - they get plastered at home by WVU and lose by 10 at tcu

Good lord, dude. You really don't get this NCAA tourney stuff.
minny is HORRIBLE and nebraska was slightly less horrible that night.

As of now, Nebraska has 1 worthy win. One. That is all that matters.

I know - I'm the rube and you're the expert. Yet you have no interest in putting your $$$ where the large piehole is.

Nebraska was up 15 in the 1H and in control the whole way. What do you want?

Sixty one B1G teams have won 13 or more conference games throughout B1G history. All 61 have made the NCAA tourney.

I know - I'm the rube and you're the expert. Yet you have no interest in putting your $$$ where the large piehole is.

Nebraska was up 15 in the 1H and in control the whole way. What do you want?
What do I want in a tourney-worthy at large team?
A helluva lot more than 1 good win, that's for sure.

What do I want in a tourney-worthy at large team?
A helluva lot more than 1 good win, that's for sure.

Just curious, what are SU's good wins? Do they have a win better than Michigan or a loss better than a one pointer to KU?

Sixty one B1G teams have won 13 or more conference games throughout B1G history. All 61 have made the NCAA tourney.
psssst- have you heard of the phenomenon of unbalanced conference schedules?

Just curious, what are SU's good wins? Do they have a win better than Michigan or a loss better than a one pointer to KU?
Are you really talking about good losses now?

psssst- have you heard of the phenomenon of unbalanced conference schedules?

Doesn't seem to have hurt Miami. They play the top four ACC teams only once and yet people have them up around 6-8 and their big OOC win is MTSU.

Doesn't seem to have hurt Miami. They play the top four ACC teams only once and yet people have them up around 6-8 and their big OOC win is MTSU.
q1 wins - study up on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom