Feb 24 & 25 - Weekend Bubble Schedule | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Feb 24 & 25 - Weekend Bubble Schedule

View attachment 123489

I wasn't sure who to go with in this one. This will be a big win for USC, helping them in the one area they are weak -- quad 1 wins.

But given that most teams below us are losing, it's probably not a bad thing for us.
and plus there's the Utah factor, too - they win this one I think they're right in the thick of the bubble

Texas has fouled the 3 point shooter, twice in the last 3 minutes.

That is how Oklahoma St has scored their last 6 points, to stay within 1.

upload_2018-2-24_16-7-7.png

Not bubble related. But what would be the bigger upset against Virginia -- Chaminade or Pitt? Pitt is that bad.

Damn... Texas and Miami win essentially at the the horn.

Miami dodged a bullet as BC chokes away a 12 point margin with four min to play (also up 7 with 1:40 to play) and Miami hits a three to win at the buzzer by one. If Miami had lost that they would have been in serious danger of going 8-10 in the ACC with their signature OOC win being by three over MTSU.

Texas wins, and the announcer claims they are an absolute lock.

Big win, but no lock.

Results to date can be viewed on first page as I am updating the table. Overall the day has been positive -- it could have been really good if Texas had lost.

Come on Nova. If Creighton wins this I will have to go with Pearl's mixed prognosis.

LOL, terrible play by Creighton.

Up 1 with 10 seconds to go.
Miss the 1 and 1.
Foul on the rebound.

But Nova only hit one... Tie game with 9 seconds to go.

What a block... and a block.

I believe (don't quote me on this) that Lunardi has VaTech a 7 seed - that is certainly almost a lock unless they lose out including their first ACCT game.
Far from a lock the difference between a six seed and the bubbles two to three games

Creighton is a lock.

Unless they lose their last 3 games. The only obstacle they have is avoiding that Quad 4 loss at home vs Depaul. They can afford losing the other 2 games.

Damn 'Nova trying to lose, sad.
How do you figure they were trying to lose when they had the ref's in their hip pockets for a lot of those calls, especially towards the end of regulation. If not for the replay, they get the ball back that went off of Brunson, plus there wouldn't have no intentional foul on them either. Brunson got a way with a few clear outs where they dinged Creighton on one. Then you have whiner boy Jay Wright complaining about all of this..smh. Oh plus Creighton had one of their big man out today and don't forget they lost one of their big men starters due to an ACL about a month ago. I think McDermott is a dang good coach.

haha I was just casually following the score on my phone, and saw bad play after bad play from Nova in OT, then an intentional foul... didn't think I was going that far out on a limb with my comment... mea culpa if I was off base.

Being on the bubble sucks. I am looking forward to being syracuse again.

upload_2018-2-24_21-3-3.png

Updated Results for Today.

Mixed, would be nice if VCU finished off the Bonnies, so 2 other teams above us that are not that far ahead would also lose. The Texas game really hurt IMO.

But overall if UCLA wins tomorrow, at worst we would the second team out. It was good that Utah, LSU, and Marquette lost, as they all would have got close to us otherwise.

We will either be the the #1 out or the #2 out at the end of this weekend.

What we have seen all year is that if you go 1W/1L, you generally maintain your position. You may move up a spot or two, or go the other direction a spot or two. And if you go 1W / 1L in quad one games, you probably move up a few spots.

What am I getting at? If we are 8-10 heading into the ACC tourney, many people will still have us in (I am thinking around 30%). If we pull off a couple wins in the ACC, and the busters are controlled we certainly have a reason to watch the selection show (not comfortably, but still good reason to watch)

View attachment 123502

Updated Results for Today.

Mixed, would be nice if VCU finished off the Bonnies, so 2 other teams above us that are not that far ahead would also lose. The Texas game really hurt IMO.

But overall if UCLA wins tomorrow, at worst we would the second team out. It was good that Utah, LSU, and Marquette lost, as they all would have got close to us otherwise.
Do we get credit for being in a semi close game for a minute or two, since we only had a 9% chance lol. Jumps right out at you compared to the other %s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom