Felisha Legette Jack Announced Syracuse Head Coach | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Felisha Legette Jack Announced Syracuse Head Coach

Oh My God Reaction GIF by The Office

We have ourselves a "COACH", but more than that, someone who really is important to the future of Syracuse Women's Basketball the community, alumni and those who will support it.

I watched her press conference today and several things impressed me - her record for one, but then her outlook for the future and the women she is going to coach. Starting from a base of Character, Academics, Communication, Basketball. Great traits coming from the mouth and beliefs of our new coach.

She embraces the basics of life - "Love it when it's Tough, Love it when it's Great. When you love your job it isn't work. "At the end of the day I am the person looking back at me in the mirror who will judge me knowing what I have done."

"I don't know everything. Coach Boeheim has forgotten more than I know about the game. I push people. I remember a poem - I push people to the edge, to the edge and then I push them off and they fly."

Summarizing some of her statements about her new team and the individuals who will be the members of Syracuse Womens Basketball team won't be girls. "I coached girls in the eighth grade, they are young women who will be accountable, honest women. They will learn to be on time for a team meeting at 3:30 - if your there at 3:31 you might as well have been five hours late."

"They will learn to know me as a coach." As a coach sometimes she becomes unrecognizable, tough, she pushes, sometimes that's good, sometimes bad. But at the end of a practice she'll admit when her work ethic and statements have become overbearing and apologize for it and that's how she grows phenomenal players by showing them that she is a human being and her players learning from it.

IMO we have a a coach who is all about winning and that's good, very good and she has the record to prove it. Again, great hire now it's about seeing who she picks to assist her in her career just beginning at SU.

When I made the above post I was looking for the board, Women’s Basketball, but was relegated to a heading at the bottom of the page that says Olympic and women’s sports. I'm sure there is a good reason for that but I was going to a press conference for the next Women’s Basketball Coach at Syracuse University and it made me a bit emotional and irritated that I had to look for it – “Use this board to discuss Syracuse University athletic teams that do not have a board of their own.”

Really! I think the sports, and I’m guessing here, that don’t make the money like the men’s FB and BB do are here. And maybe I’m wrong. But, it made me feel a bit small and irritated. Like looking for a sign that says Women’s Basketball Board, directing me to go to the basement locker room w/o showers. Maybe that’s the way it has to be for now or maybe it shouldn't matter at all.

IMO, I think it should read Women’s Basketball Board. How long do you have to play to get recognized and have your own board? Our record - 748 - 639 - 50th season! Something to think about, maybe.

Apologies to the Admins/Staff if I have raised a question that offended anyone.

Last edited:
When I made the above post I was looking for the board Women’s Basketball. But was relegated to a heading at the bottom of the page that says Olympic and women’s sports. I'm sure there is a good reason for that but I was going to a press conference for the next Women’s Basketball Coach at Syracuse University and it made me a bit emotional and irritated that I had to look for it – “Use this board to discuss Syracuse University athletic teams that do not have a board of their own.”

Really! I think the sports, and I’m guessing here, that don’t make the money like the men’s FB and BB do are here. And maybe I’m wrong. But, it made me feel a bit small and irritated. Like looking for a sign that says Women’s Basketball Board, directing me to go to the basement locker room w/o showers. Maybe that’s the way it has to be for now or maybe it shouldn't matter at all.

IMO, I think it should read Women’s Basketball Board. How long do you have to play to get recognized and have your own board? Our record - 748 - 639 - 50th season! Something to think about, maybe.

Before the Administration created this forum none of the Olympic Sports or Women's sports had a forum. Women's Basketball might get a post on the Men's BB forum once and awhile. This forum was proposed to give all the aforementioned sports at SU a place to be followed. You state that Women's Basketball should have their own forum but in my opinion all the SU teams that are listed in this forum are deserving of their own forums. But the fact is that the main interests and conversations of posters on this site have to do with Men's Basketball and Football. That is why the site was created, that is what drives posters to the site, not the Olympic or Women's Sports. Probably the majority of the posters on this site don't follow any of the sports on this forum or have never visited this forum.

When I made the above post I was looking for the board Women’s Basketball. But was relegated to a heading at the bottom of the page that says Olympic and women’s sports. I'm sure there is a good reason for that but I was going to a press conference for the next Women’s Basketball Coach at Syracuse University and it made me a bit emotional and irritated that I had to look for it – “Use this board to discuss Syracuse University athletic teams that do not have a board of their own.”

I try to fight this fight the year we went to the Final Four. It is what it is...

They really should just stop referring to them as Buffalo players... ;)
What is the normal protocol before they become Orange. Do they have to "pretend" that they are actively looking elsewhere? Can we just hear today? Or are they really looking elsewhere. Oh the drama and stress of it all...

She is very enthusiastic and excitable. Let's hope that turns into some quality recruits from the portal so the rebuild is a quick one.
Woa. Look who showed up in our women's bball board!!! Welcome. Seriously, Ira attends women's games if he is in town, and a good friend of ours played on the team, many, many years ago.

What is the normal protocol before they become Orange. Do they have to "pretend" that they are actively looking elsewhere? Can we just hear today? Or are they really looking elsewhere. Oh the drama and stress of it all...
According to the Athletic, Fair does not have a "Do not contact" on her transfer so until I see it, I'm holding my breath.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom