Felisha Legette Jack Announced Syracuse Head Coach | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Felisha Legette Jack Announced Syracuse Head Coach

What is the normal protocol before they become Orange. Do they have to "pretend" that they are actively looking elsewhere? Can we just hear today? Or are they really looking elsewhere. Oh the drama and stress of it all...
I think they can commit once they have been offered.

Ball's in our court. :)

Woa. Look who showed up in our women's bball board!!! Welcome. Seriously, Ira attends women's games if he is in town, and a good friend of ours played on the team, many, many years ago.
I can't rely on just you for my inside info on SU WBB!

I try to fight this fight the year we went to the Final Four. It is what it is...
This topic is worth much discussion.

I think the admins have discussed this a couple of times.

The thing we want to avoid is setting up a board that has so little activity on it that it looks like a lonely, almost unused outpost.

We are waiting for more activity from the fanbase (and more coverage from the media). When we get to the point where there is enough activity regarding the SU women’s basketball program, we will create a separate board for it. We will do the same for the soccer programs, women’s lacrosse, etc.

This site started out with a board for men’s basketball only. It has evolved a lot since then and it will continue to evolve to reflect the interests of the fan base.

Even the year we went to the Final Four, there was not the level of activity and interest one would expect for a program with that level of success (honestly, it was very unexpected by pretty much everyone).

One thing Coach FLJ has emphasized from the start is that she wants and needs the support of the Syracuse sports community to succeed. Hopefully she gets it and drive enough interest to spin off a new board for women’s basketball. I think we would all love to see that happen.

If there is strong disagreement on this, and a significant number of posters want a separate board set up for women’s hoops ASAP, we will take that into consideration.

The thing we want to avoid is setting up a board that has so little activity on it that it looks like a lonely, almost unused outpost.

We are waiting for more activity from the fanbase (and more coverage from the media). When we get to the point where there is enough activity regarding the SU women’s basketball program, we will create a separate board for it. We will do the same for the soccer programs, women’s lacrosse, etc.

This site started out with a board for men’s basketball only. It has evolved a lot since then and it will continue to evolve to reflect the interests of the fan base.

Even the year we went to the Final Four, there was not the level of activity and interest one would expect for a program with that level of success (honestly, it was very unexpected by pretty much everyone).

One thing Coach FLJ has emphasized from the start is that she wants and needs the support of the Syracuse sports community to succeed. Hopefully she gets it and drive enough interest to spin off a new board for women’s basketball. I think we would all love to see that happen.

If there is strong disagreement on this, and a significant number of posters want a separate board set up for women’s hoops ASAP, we will take that into consideration.
The level of activity on this board was non existent back then. I have been hopeful and happy with the increased activity over the past couple of years now if only that can get some fans in the seats also. That is most important.

I think they can commit once they have been offered.

Ball's in our court. :)
I'm wondering if we "strategize" the announcements to keep the program in the news and the interest up. One player commitment at a time, and the Sue Ludwig potential hiring. Keep the stories going. Instead of loading them all up the same day. I guess when a player announces, they announce, but from a PR standpoint, it might be good to spread it out a little.

I have some things to do but when I come back I expect to see the metaphor of Dino's TE's or JB's bench.

Tom,
I thought minor use or no use at all would be a reason not to create a separate board for WBB, but didn't mention it in my post above.

Perhaps waiting to see how the new coach/team does or you get the # of posters wanting a board is the best thing for now. Thanks for your explanation.

When I made the above post I was looking for the board Women’s Basketball. But was relegated to a heading at the bottom of the page that says Olympic and women’s sports. I'm sure there is a good reason for that but I was going to a press conference for the next Women’s Basketball Coach at Syracuse University and it made me a bit emotional and irritated that I had to look for it – “Use this board to discuss Syracuse University athletic teams that do not have a board of their own.”

Really! I think the sports, and I’m guessing here, that don’t make the money like the men’s FB and BB do are here. And maybe I’m wrong. But, it made me feel a bit small and irritated. Like looking for a sign that says Women’s Basketball Board, directing me to go to the basement locker room w/o showers. Maybe that’s the way it has to be for now or maybe it shouldn't matter at all.

IMO, I think it should read Women’s Basketball Board. How long do you have to play to get recognized and have your own board? Our record - 748 - 639 - 50th season! Something to think about, maybe.

Apologies to the Admins/Staff if I have raised a question that offended anyone.
I’m on board with this. Womens bball should for sure have their own thread

Which would lay dormant for weeks at a time.

But what do I know?

I'm sure the Mods are part of some nefarious scheme to keep the Womens hoops convos tamped down, so they don't have to work so hard moderating yet another active thread. :p

Which would lay dormant for weeks at a time.

But what do I know?

I'm sure the Mods are part of some nefarious scheme to keep the Womens hoops convos tamped down, so they don't have to work so hard moderating yet another active thread. :p
Actually the moderators are the best posters of the women's bball threads and are amazing at keeping the news up to date. Almost before the team knows the news themselves!!

They have their own threads. They don't have their own forum. If you look at the site you can see where the volume of activity occurs. The entire Olympic and Women's sports forum only has 3.2K threads and 50.1K messages for thirteen different SU teams. The MBB forum has 61.1K threads and 1.3 M messages and that doesn't include the MBB recruiting forum.

Actually the moderators are the best posters of the women's bball threads and are amazing at keeping the news up to date. Almost before the team knows the news themselves!!
We try and post about all the teams on this forum but often we are the only ones posting in the threads. And as far as recruiting threads go we usually don't know who will be joining the teams until signing days. That's because the recruiting sites and the local media coverage of these teams and their recruiting is geared towards MBB and FB.

I'm happy that Newhouse and The DO have become more involved in covering the games for the teams covered by this forum. All these young people are representing Syracuse University.

Helpful hint:

In the upper right corner of the board, you should see a link that says "Filters"

SUF1.png

Click on that, and it will bring up a dialog box:

SUF2.png

Scroll down to "Prefix" and hit "Women's Basketball", then the "Filter" button at the bottom:

SUF3.png

And just like magic, you'll see only the Women's Basketball Threads:

SUF4.png

Helpful hint:

In the upper right corner of the board, you should see a link that says "Filters"

View attachment 216046

View attachment 216047

Scroll down to "Prefix" and hit "Women's Basketball", then the "Filter" button at the bottom:

View attachment 216048

View attachment 216049
And all this time I've just clicked on an unopened threads prefix and magically I can have threads for only that sport or recruiting class. Will wonders never cease. ;)

And all this time I've just clicked on an unopened threads prefix and magically I can have threads for only that sport or recruiting class. Will wonders never cease. ;)
All that work you did (and OX too) to assign a prefix to all those threads was not in vain!

Thank you!

Helpful hint:

View attachment 216046

View attachment 216047

View attachment 216048

View attachment 216049

5128129.jpg

;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom