Felisha Legette Jack Announced Syracuse Head Coach | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Felisha Legette Jack Announced Syracuse Head Coach

The level of activity on this board was non existent back then. I have been hopeful and happy with the increased activity over the past couple of years now if only that can get some fans in the seats also. That is most important.
I was looking at women's attendance numbers. If we can get 3000 per game, we'd be in the top 40. Seems like FLJ has that many friends and family in Syracuse already. But seriously, if we can start putting some wins up, I'd like to think that's possible. Even in the Dome, a crowd like that would be a nice advantage.

5128129.jpg

;)
Because Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus.

I was looking at women's attendance numbers. If we can get 3000 per game, we'd be in the top 40. Seems like FLJ has that many friends and family in Syracuse already. But seriously, if we can start putting some wins up, I'd like to think that's possible. Even in the Dome, a crowd like that would be a nice advantage.
Schedule as many as possible on same day as men’s game and include them in your season ticket packages. Have the women play right before the men that way fans with families that include females will be introduced to FLJ and her product!

Last edited:
Legacy and other decision makers - this is GREAT! A women's basketball board. Thank you! I was looking for FLJ news and went immediately to the Olympic thread and couldn't find anything about BB - got out of there and here it is a Women's Basketball Board. Yes!

Legacy and other decision makers - this is GREAT! A women's basketball board. Thank you! I was looking for FLJ news and went immediately to the Olympic thread and couldn't find anything about BB - got out of there and here it is a Women's Basketball Board. Yes!

Seconded so glad to see this!

Schedule as many as possible on same day as men’s game and include them in your season ticket packages. Have the women play right before the men that way fans with families that include females will be introduced to FLJ and her product!
I think this could work.

The opportunity to do this is down the road but I believe if JW and other coaches could sit down discuss it and if they decide to move forward, market this in a way to get people in the seats, especially females and their little girls, (and boys), who would see a product just beginning and maybe think "wow, maybe I could play on this team someday, can we come back to the next game?" Before the men's games or after?

Actually with the loss of the Boeheims with five new freshman coming in both teams are starting almost from square one - it might not be good from the start but as they get experienced it will become a place where you get two games for one and satisfy both genders and have support from all females, kids and the girls and boys HS teams in the area.

I think many will see negative aspects to this idea and maybe it has been proven it's not a good idea already but maybe at least have a meeting about it and throw some ideas around, IMO.

I think this could work.

The opportunity to do this is down the road but I believe if JW and other coaches could sit down discuss it and if they decide to move forward, market this in a way to get people in the seats, especially females and their little girls, (and boys), who would see a product just beginning and maybe think "wow, maybe I could play on this team someday, can we come back to the next game?" Before the men's games or after?

Actually with the loss of the Boeheims with five new freshman coming in both teams are starting almost from square one - it might not be good from the start but as they get experienced it will become a place where you get two games for one and satisfy both genders and have support from all females, kids and the girls and boys HS teams in the area.

I think many will see negative aspects to this idea and maybe it has been proven it's not a good idea already but maybe at least have a meeting about it and throw some ideas around, IMO.
I agree with all you said. Unfortunately, way to many with fixed mindsets, will be against it as it represents change in any way.

Thank you for your thoughtful comments!

I think this could work.

Most of the scheduling will have to do with ACC and television scheduling.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I guess I was not "important" enough several years ago when I tried this, lol. A little insulted, but happy in the end. OOOOOOOOOOOOOR maybe I got the thought process rolling several years ago, and like everything else at SU it moved at the usual pace..snail.

Hopefully posters will post more. 430 threads in seven years is pretty sad.
Legacy or anyone who is brilliant in BB is the below the way the transfer portal operates?

I would think with the formalities of FLJ’s introduction as head coach we may be hearing from some interested women players in the portal – am I on the right track here?

The transfer portal permits student athletes to place their name in an on-line database declaring their desire to transfer. Athletes enter the portal by informing their current school of their desire to transfer; the school then has two business days to enter the athletes' name in the database.

Legacy or anyone who is brilliant in BB is the below the way the transfer portal operates?

I would think with the formalities of FLJ’s introduction as head coach we may be hearing from some interested women players in the portal – am I on the right track here?

The transfer portal permits student athletes to place their name in an on-line database declaring their desire to transfer. Athletes enter the portal by informing their current school of their desire to transfer; the school then has two business days to enter the athletes' name in the database.
Once they are in the database they can be contacted by other schools. The player has the option to state if there are only particular schools that they are interested in speaking to.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I guess I was not "important" enough several years ago when I tried this, lol. A little insulted, but happy in the end. OOOOOOOOOOOOOR maybe I got the thought process rolling several years ago, and like everything else at SU it moved at the usual pace..snail.
The creation of this forum has more to do with the new coaching hire than anything else. Hopefully with the hire of FLJ the attendance at the games will increase and so will the posting on this new forum.

The creation of this forum has more to do with the new coaching hire than anything else. Hopefully with the hire of FLJ the attendance at the games will increase and so will the posting on this new forum.
I do think that with her hire we will see an increase in both people in the seats in the Dome and posts on this "NEW" forum. I hope, I hope, I hope.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
colpars13

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom