FIFA 2014 World Cup all-purpose thread | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

FIFA 2014 World Cup all-purpose thread

Algeria taking control of 2nd place in Group H. If they beat Korea they will only need a draw against Russia and we will see the Greek 0-0-10 formation from Algeria in that match.

Why are these two games on ABC and United States/Portugal is on ESPN? Not that it's that big of a deal, just strange.

Portugal is going to be ready tonight.

Watch out for the quick start,

Knock out Ronaldo that'd be nice.

So Cristiano Ronaldo is named after Ronald Reagan? Anyone else find this bizarrely interesting?

Donovan just said he heard other USMNT guys are injured and it is unreported (as of now). Hope he is not talking about Bradley but that would be the obvious guess based on game one.

Good ball in from my Guy Miquel Veloso!

Dynamo Kiev Represent!

Who was that guy who can't kick a ball?

Well, we were always going to need goals to get something out of this but jeez...

Well that gift wrapped goal will force us to attack and maybe that's a good thing because while Portugals counter is scary, we should be able to score on this team.

CanadianSU said:
Good ball in from my Guy Miquel Veloso! Dynamo Kiev Represent! Who was that guy who can't kick a ball?

If you're going to root against the USA, I suggest not posting at all.

If you're going to root against the USA, I suggest not posting at all.
I said Miquel is one of my favourite players...

Not sure how that's rooting for anyone. But I guess your worried about negativecomments and I understand...because the way your playing there might be a few :)

CanadianSU said:
I said Miquel is one of my favourite players... Not sure how that's rooting for anyone. But I guess your worried about negativecomments and I understand...because the way your playing there might be a few :)

You've taken pot shots at the USA for 2 weeks now. Go post on the Portugal board.

You've taken pot shots at the USA for 2 weeks now. Go post on the Portugal board.
No I haven't

I said it is highly unlikely that USA makes it out of the group, which was a fact...

Don't take your anger out on me, I'm just watching the game...

I could care less who wins.

Portugal is going to be ready tonight.

Watch out for the quick start,

Knock out Ronaldo that'd be nice.
USA loses 11 straight after giving up first goal. It over then, if they can't break that statistic.couchburn

We're playing like we did the in the first 5 mins against Ghana. Very fluid. We're still leaky in the back but it's such an improved style over previous US teams... Beto looks shaky.

USA loses 11 straight after giving up first goal. It over then, if they can't break that statistic.couchburn
I called the early start/goal for Portugal.

I also said the US would win so that might be a sign of things