FIFA 2014 World Cup all-purpose thread | Page 32 | Syracusefan.com

FIFA 2014 World Cup all-purpose thread

Explain to me what Michael Bradley has contributed the last three games?

Maybe he was decent in game 2, but the final 5 minutes of the game take it away.

I don't know much soccer, but he seems like he is killing us.
He's struggling, but he still gives us our best chance out there.

If at some point in the second half we NEED a goal, I wouldn't be terribly surprised to see Diskerud sub for him.

This game needs an injection of speed either through Yedlin or Johannsson. There's a goal out there for us, even at the expense of giving one up as well.

GoHamSU said:
Explain to me what Michael Bradley has contributed the last three games?

Not much these 3 games. Plays lackadaisical.

If, in fact, there was some collusion at work in this game, the Germans are doing an awfully great job of making it look good.

Looked to me like Klose may have "pulled his punch" on that header, though. I'm not complaining.

Are we over passing in tight spots? We need to just rip one in there at some point to at least keep their goalie and D honest.

usa-usa-usa.gif

Pretty poor performance by the USA offensively BUT on short rest, against a tournament favorite, coming back from the jungle (where everyone else coming back has gotten their teeth kicked in next match), i'll take it since we advanced. We're a far better team than we showed today. Thank you CR7!

Lets do some damage in the Knockout Rounds!!

Our midfield play was bad today. Jones was pumped up for Germany and that hurt him. Dempsey got absolutely no support. Bradley has been HORRIBLE the speed of our opponents has made him make mistakes and give up possession easily. We got thru that is all that matters.
3 CONCACAF teams in the final 16 that is awesome. Asia/Africa will have 2 at most combined. South America will have 5 and Europe will only have 6 teams if Algeria advance or 7 if Russia advance.

Let's beat the Waffles on Tuesday or if we are lucky the Desert Foxes in a 2010 rematch.
Getting out of one the top 2 toughest groups is awesome.

I actually think our side of the bracket is easier than the side Germany is on. If we can get a decision against Belgium, I like us vs Argentina. After that, it's potentially Mexico.

Last edited:
I actually think out side of the bracket is easier than the side Germany is on. If we can get a decision against Belgium, I like us vs Argentina. After that, it's potentially Mexico.
Mexico-Netherlands winner will be in the semifinals IMO.

Switzerland-Argentina is frisky for me. Unless Argentina scores in the first 15 minutes the Swizz can defend and that could go to PKs.
Russia is leading Algeria so we should be playing the Red Devils and Belgium has so MANY quality players, but they haven't played their best yet, but we can beat them if we play well.

Based on today's play, it's going to be tough to move on. Through my (mostly) neutral eyes it looks like it'll be around 1-3. We'll have to see how they recover. It is a game and you never know... there's a reason they have to play it.